Post Thanks / Like
    I searched but didn`t find anything helpful on this. I get a lot of people asking for tint, and I could probably get just as many customers for tint as for details. From what I`ve read there are two things about it- you need a completely dust free environment, and it`s a pita. Anyone do this on the side, is it something that you can get the hang of with a little practice or would I be better off going to a course to learn this?

Thanks in advance.

Jens
    Originally from Hessen, Germany

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought about it but after checking into it there was just no way I could compete. THe suppliers I looked at said my cost would be almost $250 per car and that alot of tinters they supply too charge upwards of $400. The only issue is that`s not even close here. The top guys here charge $125 out the door for full size vans with lifetime warrenties. Just no way to compete with that type of pricing. The cheap hack guys were only charging $35 out the door. That and every stereo shop, Auto accesory place, half the detail shops, and then actual tinting shops are all over here. I think we have like 36 tint shops in flint actually listed (plus all the side shops not listed)... If you can find a way to make some actual cash at it go for it. But most places are just so over saturated already there`s just no real advantage to offering the service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thanks for the input. I know window tinting is always asked for here. The average price here is around $300. I know of only two places in my town that do it. We have about 15.000 people in this town. I talked to a guy who used to do it out of his garage, and he said he got the tint from his friend who owned a detail shop, cost was about $50 or so. That was for quality tint I think he said.

I was thinking of offering the services for $200-300. That would be a fair price around here, just have to see what cost is for quality tint. Definitely haven`t heard of any place that`ll do it for less than $200 up here.
    Originally from Hessen, Germany

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d love to get into tinting, but I`d need to be taught / trained.

No one in my city does tinting "officially", and the only shop that does it "after-hours" charges about $850 for a 5 window tint job. Definitely a market up here for it, especially since front-side window tint is legal due to to our midnight sun.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    See if you can work a referral deal with a local QUALITY tinter.

LL

Thread Information