Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, looking for a little help. I have a client who has taken delivery of a new car and I am going to perform a complete correction starting Monday. The car is a Pagani Zonda. I`ve never even seen one. So, just wondering if anyone has expereince with the paint and might know what I can expect - cerami or whatever??

Thanks!!

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Are your serious? That car is teh sex!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never taken deliver of a Zonda but I have of a few other cars and I would tell you to expect about 5 hours of work for just a basic detail (not to mention paint correction) as you will have to pull the plastic from interior and exterior and with the interior you have to be very gentle or you`ll just rip it out leaving some behind in hard to reach areas.

Thoroughly decontaminate the exterior with the clay as there will be a lot of gunk everywhere from the long journey.

Document everything so the owner will know if somethings wrong that you didn`t do it and don`t be surprised if you have pigtails, buffer trails or anything else in the paint.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    It really shouldn`t matter what kind of paint it is. I don`t know any Pros that set themselves up for specific vehicles based on paint type. Every vehicle`s paint is different and one`s mileage and knowledge will vary. There are some ceramics that correct and finish easy and some don`t. Because this car is hand built, it most likely won`t have ceramic clear. Bring as much sandpaper, compound, polish and pads with you as you can and if the owner is willing to pay you enough - do your very best.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with David, if all the owner cares about is making the car in concourse condition then be prepared to take it to that level.

Just cause it`s new doesn`t mean it`s in perfect shape.

Josh

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I appreciate the comments. This client has paid us $2k+ for some of his other cars. I have no worries about what he is willing to pay. I`m interested in any experience anybody may have had with this car. I know it`s a carbon body car and am looking for info on the paint - four stage, cerami, etc.

Thanks!!

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    No offense Andy, but if you`re charging someone that kind of money, you should have enough skill in place to realize there`s no magic product formula for paint correction. Can you explain why and how it will matter if it`s single stage, base clear, 3 or 4 stage ceramic paint on top of metal, carbon fiber, fiberglass, alloy or magnesium? I don`t think it really does and I`ve never seen any Pro ask such unimportant questions. Playing devil`s advocate, care to let us know how you`d approach this car`s paint differently if someone told you it was 4 stage, ceramic or plain old base clear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, thanks again for your intent to agitate and start some senseless nonsense. Again, if anyone has had any experience with these cars, please feel free to shoot me a PM or post some contributive info.

Thanks!!

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    No offense Andy, but if you`re charging someone that kind of money, you should have enough skill in place to realize there`s no magic product formula for paint correction. Can you explain why and how it will matter if it`s single stage, base clear, 3 or 4 stage ceramic paint on top of metal, carbon fiber, fiberglass, alloy or magnesium? I don`t think it really does and I`ve never seen any Pro ask such unimportant questions. Playing devil`s advocate, care to let us know how you`d approach this car`s paint differently if someone told you it was 4 stage, ceramic or plain old base clear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, just trying to learn. Try asking this guy:

extreme detail: Pagani Zonda *New Pics Added* - Detailing World

Make sure you take lots of pics, can`t wait to see this amazing car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the PM, Phil!!!! The reply I received touched on exactly the areas I had interest in...my Positector doesn`t read composite , nice to get an idea of what type and how thick I can expect the paint to be!!

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with it, I`m sure you`ll make it perfect.

When you`re done with it, let us know if the paint is hard or soft, I`m curious too.

Thanks,

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, Josh! I`m just really anxious to see this car!!

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    Good luck with it, I`m sure you`ll make it perfect.

When you`re done with it, let us know if the paint is hard or soft, I`m curious too.

Thanks,

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Got More Wax
    Thanks for the reply, Josh! I`m just really anxious to see this car!!

Andy

I understand I`ve been there a few times myself.

Looking forward to the write up.

Post Thanks / Like
    ****....need some help? LOL....I would love to work on something like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re gonna get your fare share!!!! The number I sent you also has a Koenigsegg CCX that you`ll have fun with!!!

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    ****....need some help? LOL....I would love to work on something like that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information