Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    I guess Instead of saying the question just doesn`t matter I`ll switch it around and ask... how is knowing any of this going to change your gameplan? Is knowing the paint is 6 mils and not 10 mils going to change how you correct it?

I`ve had people warn me about thin paint...so thin that I couldn`t *do* anything near 100% correction lest it be impossible to ever polish it again. Six vs. ten mils is one thing, but when it gets down to scary-thin it can make a diff.

Best example of this was on a repainted car (the `60 Jag I`ve posted about) where the thicknesses were all over the map (some panels redone many times, others only once and then wetsanded) to where I couldn`t make the usual assumptions based on my ETG. I took the owner`s word for it and treated the areas in question very gently...had I caused an "oops!" right before show season it would`ve been a disaster :sosad

Post Thanks / Like

That guy stole my avatar. Made it a few years ago and a friend of mine on another board added the PC to it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    That guy stole my avatar. Made it a few years ago and a friend of mine on another board added the PC to it.

WOW, Mr. Popular

:p

Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha, Scott I remember that and thought that was the funniest one I had seen in a long time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Zonda, me thinks this car is the poo........... clear over carbon as stated, medium clear hardness so correction will be straight foward. There will be no pigtails or sanding scratches a la" Ferrari or Aston, Pagani is the carbon fiber master and the car is carbon fiber head to toe!!!! of course the interior is smallness so I do not fit good(that`s a suprise lol).

Megs 105 / Menz RD combo should be sufficient. Take mega pics as the one I did I was not allowed to take pics(nervous uber wealthy client) you will find yourself working very slow on this car as it will seem surreal that you are actually detailing this car.

One of my favorite parts of the car was the exhaust and the wood steering wheel(sublimeness), but the wheels were a polish with clear and had a matte dull finish even after working on them for a long time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information