Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys,

I am wondering if any of you guys are using chevy astro`s for your mobile detailing work? If so do you have pics of your set up in your van? I am going to be purchasing one very soon to replace the pontiac transport i have now. Currently i have a 200 gallon poly processing tank,pressure washer,generator,vac etc. Also how do you guys mount your tank in the vans? The guy i purchased the transport from just has it secured with a ratchet strap.Below is a pic of the tank currently in my transport just to give you a idea of the size of the tank

RVA Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your tank is about twice as big as it needs to be... I personally have a 225 gallon tank sitting in storage, and I`m just using a hose and customer`s water currently.

I did get a 55 gallon drum which I will use from now on, since I never really used more than 75gallons a day, and of course with 150 gallons of water you`re not careful to conserve!

I use a series of Milk-Crates to hold all my polishes and cleaners, and 2 bins to hold my microfibers and polishing pads.

Vaccuum, Pressure Washer, LGM, and my van is pretty much full!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the tank is to big lol.Got the van and all equipment for 800 total so i aint complaining,I wouldn`t mind the drum method considering they are cheap lol.
    RVA Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    200 gallons of water is alot of weight. within a month my 90 gallon tank broke one of my rear shocks. i will try to post pick but i also use milk creates to hold my polish`s and other supplies. I use a 90 gallon tank strapped to the sides, my van is full so i have to place a couple items on top. i have a extension cord and air hose real hanging from the roof to keep it somewhat clean. i will try to post picks soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t wanna get picky, but that looks like a dirty doorjamb on your detailing truck

Post Thanks / Like
    The tank only has 50 gallons of water in it right now,that`s all that i put in it,and the most i would put in it. Yeah the van is alot cleaner now,the guy i brought it from didn`t really care how it looked i have cleaned everywhere now with the exception of the carpet which i will work on in the next couple of days if it doesn`t sell
    RVA Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    a Chevy Astro is the perfect van for a detailing purpose. It is perfect for a lot of busness, but too bad they dont make them anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally used a Vandura for my detailing a few years ago, however I just picked up an Astro-Van for myself last week and I`m in the process of cleaning it up so I can detail out of it!

I`ve been driving a `99 Astro as my work truck delivering windshields for the last 2 years and I`ve just fallen in love with these trucks. The fact that I can call it a truck helps, too.... Its not a minivan thats for sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Astro Van was built at a plant in Baltimore, MD. GM wanted to phase them out when they introduced their front wheel drive minivans, but demand from small businesses kept the plant going for years. These are a great platform for a detailing van. I do agree that a 200gallon tank is probably excessive for that platform.

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^^^^Now that is a nice setup^^^^^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Ihave used nothing but astro vans there is plenty of room
    FRANK

FRANKIE K`S AUTO KLEEN

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree thanks alot for the pics!!!
    RVA Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    no more pics???!?!!?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pics of my GMC Savana. I had an Astro up until about three years ago when I got rid of my shop and went totally mobile. I have a building again and so will be purchasing another Astro soon. This van currently holds a 100 gallon tank as my pwasher puts out 4 gpm. I`ll be going down to a 60 gallon or just adding another hose reel to hook up wherever I go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information