Thread: 4"?????

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up a Flex 3403 rotary from Phil at Detailer`s Domain. Equipped with a 4` plate, I rushed right out to the garage to give it a whirl. Holy cr@p!?!?!? Awesome tool!!!!! I would almost consider using this 4" over my Makita./

Anybody out there use a 4" as a primary go to weapon when compunding/polishing??

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    I do but with the DA polisher.4`` are more effective than bigger pads on a DA polisher.Also they are very useful for hard to reach areas...For a rotary i suggest bigger pads as they are more aggressive...
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Prior to the advent of M105, I used the rotary/4" approach for spot correction all the time; works great.

These days I use the 4" pads via PC, and, well.. I always prefer using the Cyclos for *anything* if I don`t need any extra power.

So I use 4" pads a *lot*.

I generally just used the Cyclo brand pads, which are, at least in some way, related to the Edge pads (though I`m pretty certain the green foam is different, it appears to be an obvious diff to me).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Prior to the advent of M105, I used the rotary/4" approach for spot correction all the time; works great.

These days I use the 4" pads via PC, and, well.. I always prefer using the Cyclos for *anything* if I don`t need any extra power.

So I use 4" pads a *lot*.

I generally just used the Cyclo brand pads, which are, at least in some way, related to the Edge pads (though I`m pretty certain the green foam is different, it appears to be an obvious diff to me).

Did somebody say cyclo :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Just switched from 6.5 to 5.5 on the 3401, me likey!!!

Andy

Thread Information