Thread: air fresheners?

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you use? and recommend. for myself and customers. i feel like maybe i can switch it up or i might be missing out on something.

-matt

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite is the Squash Air CS-X3 Refillable Air Freshener Dispenser have had it personally in my rsx-s for 4 months

It still puts out great smell every one that rides in my car loves it, the smell is kinda hard to pin-point its kinda like a light lemon-bubble gum

Woot first post after trolling for years!

Post Thanks / Like
    Most air fresheners are a combo of toxic chemicals that trick your senses. I recently started using perfume or cologne. Some is very expensive but there are some that are $30 or less. The nice thing about it, is that they are made of natural ingredients and a bottle can last years if kept cool and out of light. The smell diminishes fairly quick, but is still noticeable up to four days after a spray. I don`t really care about the fragrance longevity anyway, a quick spritz before a drive and I`m fine, it`s a much more interesting scent than any single use freshener, and I can use the fragrance on myself as well. I was lucky enough to find the officially licensed Ford Mustang cologne at Wal-mart for $30, maybe your car has its own cologne, I know there are a couple for Hummer, Ferrari, and Lamborghini.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the air bombs from ADS but i don`t quite like em. I might be over spraying, either way i usually dont use anything in my cars since w the interior products is enough to smell clean, which is what i want.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Ardex products or Chemical Guys and thy both seem to work well just my thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t use any. I used to but stopped because every customer is different as to what they like and most just seem to like the fresh clean smell and not a fruity smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh the scent of a freshly cleaned carpet and upholstry is always a winner in everyones book The only time I use air freshners anymore is for maloder issues. (mold control and the such) All mine are enzyme based and actually do more than freshen the air in the car. If it dosen`t need it I don`t use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found something that is very cheap and last for days. After I clean the carpets and everything is done, I actually like to use liquid fabric softener in a spray bottle mixed about 5-1 with water. Just find yourself a nice pleasant smelling liquid fabric softener and try it. It really makes the vehicle smelling clean on the inside. I use it on carpets and cloth seats. Hope that helps. Its cheap and one bottle of the fabric softener will last you a very long time.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We strive to make the interior odor neutral through proper and thorough cleaning procedures, thus eliminating the need for masking scents.

Our `secret` is ValuGard`s Odor Terminator. Of course, one must eliminate the source of an offensive odor...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta to try this, the nicest, kinda luxurious car perfume I`ve ever smelled - "Areon Gold"

It`s not like a car freshner, but more like the perfume. There is also "Areon Silver", but "Gold" is way nicer to me

Domas Designs Logo Design, Graphic Design, Business Card/Letterhead design, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Every car has its own scent, blindfolded, I can tell what kind of car I am in just by the way it smells (assuming no one has puked in it or something like that) so I try to not to disturb that. I just get the interior as clean as possible and more often than not, the comment from customers is "it smells so clean".
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information