Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a college student as well and recently started my own detailing business. The hourly wage is great but if you dont have cars you wont the hours. The job is very stress free because it doesn`t even feel like work for me as detailing is my hobby. The business has made an effect on my school performance though. Make sure you got the schooling thing down before you take on this project. Some detailers make thousands a month some dont make as much. Really depends on your effort and how lucky you`ll get with your clientele. Best of luck to you!

Loi

Post Thanks / Like
    I make more now than I did as a Journeyman Tech at a dealership. I walked away from a good paying(but back braking) job and decided to try my hand at Detailing.

I always liked detailing for theraputic reasons. Im a detailer and I restore cars to a point. My mechanical background helps my business. Now I make more money and enjoy my business and my toys. I charge anywhere from 50-75 dollars per hour. I also sell my own products so theres always cashflow coming in even when its 20 degrees outside and all of my clients toys are put away. I guess what Im saying is there is good money in detailing if you do it right.
    2007 Shelby GT Its Black

Blacks not a color its a part time job :buffing:

Show Car Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Well thats good to hear, around here in upstate NY I think there is only one other detailer that I have seen on the forum that is near me, far enough apart so we dont compete which is nice, being the only one around my town is good if I can establish a good base of clients and show off some impressive work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information