Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to ask Scott if that cash in the trunk smelled "fishy"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely could have been easily vacuumed up, and then what? This is why I always clean out my vac after a job. I`ve found money, keys, etc.

Just last week I opened up my vac and found a woman`s wris````ch inside. When the client came out to inspect her vehicle, I shower her the watch and asked if it was hers. She was so happy that she almost burst into tears--apparently the watch meant a lot to her, and she was convinced that she had lost it months ago.
    Will

Gleam Master Detailing Streetlife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    or you could look at it as a test you passed with flying colors and he will continue to send you business and praise your trustworthiness

"guys, take your car "here". This one time, I left a $50 bill in the seat and the guys over at "here" were completely up front and honest and returned it to me. I would let them take my car anywhere because I know I can trust them"

I wouldnt be upset over it, rather joke it off and ask "did I pass" with a chuckle.

Remember, you are in business, and if you lose that customer, you may lose more than him!

I agree, just let him know that`s just how trustworthy your business really is.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be offended as well... You should`ve kept the $50 bill and played dumb for a while, then when he starts his bs hand it to him and tell him not to do it again explaining what the consequences could`ve been... that`s pretty low in my opinion
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark77
    What I don`t understand is why he even mentioned it was a test. If he has enough money to do tests like this, at least I would not tell if someone passed, just be happy and trust you.

But like mentioned many times, it could easily have been sucked up while vacuuming, so the test was not a very good one to begin with.

I never keep anything of value or interest in my car even when I park it, even less when bringing it in for service.

I`m with you on the servicing routine, i do the same thing. After having $2.00 in change stolen from me at my local Acura dealer ( the change was in my coin holder, only used the change for toll road fees every now and then) , i`ve been going there for 8 years (Great dealership, great service, i`ve had only 2 service guys, one of them is a homeboy of mine) once i told them about it they had a talk with all of the service guys, never happened again that i know of, but i never kept anything of value in the car since that incident. I do give them credit for their effort, but there are probably 10 service guys working there at any given time, it`s impossible to pin point the actual thief.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`Streetlife`]I`m with you on the servicing routine, i do the same thing. After having $2.00 in change stolen from me at my local Acura dealer ( the change was in my coin holder, only used the change for toll road fees every no and then) , i`ve been going there for 8 years (Great dealership, great service, i`ve had only 2 service guys, one of them is a homeboy of mine) once i told them about it they had a talk with all of the service guys, never happened again that i know of, but i never kept anything of value in the car since that incident. I do give them credit for their effort, but there are probably 10 service guys working there at any given time, it`s impossible to pin point the actual thief. I also received a complimentary windshield wiper replacement, as a result of the incident.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`Streetlife`][quote name=`Streetlife`]I`m with you on the servicing routine, i do the same thing. After having $2.00 in change stolen from me at my local Acura dealer ( the change was in my coin holder, only used the change for toll road fees every no and then) , i`ve been going there for 8 years (Great dealership, great service, i`ve had only 2 service guys, one of them is a homeboy of mine) once i told them about it they had a talk with all of the service guys, never happened again that i know of, but i never kept anything of value in the car since that incident. I do give them credit for their effort, but there are probably 10 service guys working there at any given time, it`s impossible to pin point the actual thief. I also received a complimentary windshield wiper replacement (the refill blade), as a result of the incident.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not be offended at all! and in your case I would be very PROUD of your guys for being honest. Integrity is doing what is right even when you think no one is looking. If you have Integrity and your employees have Integrity you have nothing to worry about and that guy will be your best advertisement when he tells everyone he knows how Honest your shop is. I would welcome customers like that.
    Paul

"ULTIMATE" Detailing

Serving Northern VA, MD and DC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information