Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Acccumulator, you posted my thoughts in a better way than I did That was a stupid test to begin with and telling them it was a test, when they past it 100%, was even dumber.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be royally offended as if you were a mouse and found the piece of cheese therefore passing his test. What *if* it was sucked up in the vacuum? Then what, you`re a thief? He`d have you fishing like a dipsh!t throught the canister. He would then look like more of a classless moron than he already is.

If he wanted to test you he wouldn`t have said he was once you told him that you found the money. He would keep it to himself.

I agree, he`s a total douche. Plus any moron that walks around with a 6" wad obviously has to compensate for a tootsie roll sized schmeckle.

Just my $0.02
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Spilchy- Heh heh, though you and I might`ve reacted differently to the "test", I think we`re in complete agreement regarding that customer :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a customer leave over $100,000 in cash in his trunk specifically because he does trust me. Yes, it was the topless bar owner. No, I didn`t ask why he had so much money in his trunk.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Guess different people are just gonna see this differently :nixweiss

*I* wouldn`t be offended. I can understand completely why somebody might not trust me (or anybody else for that matter). It`s the seemingly trustworthy people you often have to really watch out for, not the obviously shady characters.

I`d be slightly amused and I sure *would* point out how easily it coulda been innocently vacuumed up; poor test there pal, very poor; you`re not as bright as you think you are

You just never know what the guy was thinking, or why (past experience, etc.). I *do* think that besides being dumber than he thinks he is, he was an insensitive [tool] to *explain* that it was a test, instead of just saying "thanks", keeping the testing to himself, and being satisfied.

And yeah, people *do* misplace stuff of at least that value without ever noticing it...BTDT, and yeah I sure felt like an idiot when (thankfully honest) folks brought it to my attention

ebpcivicsi- At this point I`d politely tell the customer to either cool it with the tests or find another detailer: "I trust my guys and have good reason for doing so. We`re honest, we proved it by passing your test, and I don`t want to have some false-positive testing concerns hanging over my head when we do your vehicles. No hard feelings either way, but I gotta insist on this".

Why do I even think to post? You took the words right outa my mouth. :xyxthumbs

Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    I`d be royally offended as if you were a mouse and found the piece of cheese therefore passing his test. What *if* it was sucked up in the vacuum? Then what, you`re a thief? He`d have you fishing like a dipsh!t throught the canister. He would then look like more of a classless moron than he already is.

If he wanted to test you he wouldn`t have said he was once you told him that you found the money. He would keep it to himself.

I agree, he`s a total douche. Plus any moron that walks around with a 6" wad obviously has to compensate for a tootsie roll sized schmeckle.

Just my $0.02

Spilchy, I`m just a poor ol` Texas boy. We don`t know what you big city folks are talkin` `bout. I had to look it up. Thought you might be just makin` up words. But sure as tootin` there it is in the urban yiddish dictionary...but it`s spelled schmeckel :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    Spilchy, I`m just a poor ol` Texas boy. We don`t know what you big city folks are talkin` `bout. I had to look it up. Thought you might be just makin` up words. But sure as tootin` there it is in the urban yiddish dictionary...but it`s spelled schmeckel :chuckle:

That was great! My grandparents were old Eastern European immigrants who spoke Yiddish. Unfortunately it`s a dying if not near dead language among my tribe; but I remember a word or two :lol
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input everyone!

I trust my guys to fullest--my righthand man I trust with *anything* and I mean *anything.* I can leave the shop and come back in a week and every dime made is in the drawer. I guess that`s why I was sort of ehh about the whole situation. I would hate for the $50 to get sucked into the vacuum and the customer think that one of my guys is a theif when I know that he isn`t.

Douche or not, I am certainly not going to fire him. I have a wide range of clients and he certainly has a spot on my books, I am just going to have to insist on that the tests end(thanks accumulator).
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Spilchy- Heh heh, nah...Yiddish will never die. If nothing else there are plenty of smart-@$$ed Goyim (e.g., yours truly) who will keep certain words/phrases going

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Spilchy- Heh heh, nah...Yiddish will never die. If nothing else there are plenty of smart-@$$ed Goyim (e.g., yours truly) who will keep certain words/phrases going
    Dang it you two! Cut that stuff out! Yesterday I hadn`t even heard of of Goyim. Couldn`t even spell it. Today I am one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    Dang it you two! Cut that stuff out! Yesterday I hadn`t even heard of of Goyim. Couldn`t even spell it. Today I am one.

...and if I ever dated a shiksa my grandmother would have my head. Oy vey

Ok, I`ll stop :lol
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Shiksa, finally a word I don`t have to look up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a twenty stuck behind the rubber cover of a cup holder in a Suburban once, I cleaned the area and the cover - stuck the 20 back where I found it and never mentioned it to the guy. I figured it was his emergency cash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would have smiled big and told the guy that since you and your guys passed his `test`, that the `right` thing to do would be to use that $50 to buy everyone involved lunch that day...

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEast
    I think I would have smiled big and told the guy that since you and your guys passed his `test`, that the `right` thing to do would be to use that $50 to buy everyone involved lunch that day...

Ha ha, that`s perfect...and the last time he ever does it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Found a $20 under the driver floor mat today. He paid his bill, I gave him the $20.

Many years ago i cleaned a Chev truck and the guy had $400- $500 in the back seat cup holder. Not sure why anyone would leave that kind of cash in a vehicle that is being cleaned.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information