Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I`m not near a pro detailer, but I had an idea a few days ago and figured i`d see what you guys thought of it.

So it`s not really a super amazing idea, and it sorta stemmed from an idea my friends and I at my old car audio shop had. We always would work on our cars late at night, and always talked about how a car audio shop where you dropped your car off at night and got it before work the next day would be a great way to get customers. They don`t have to miss work or take time to drop off the car during normal business hours.

It seems to me that this might be a great idea for detailing too. If one were to have a garage set up with the appropriate lighting, etc. you could really make it convenient for some people who are super busy. Drop the car off anytime before 10 PM, and then either come pick it up in the morning, or for some customers the car would get brought back to their house so it`s there when they go leave for work (possibly for an extra fee?)

Anyways, that`s just my stupid idea. Let me know just how stupid it is. And don`t worry, you won`t hurt my feelings as I know most of my ideas are stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were nocturnal this would work for me

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its a great idea Then again its 1am and I woke up an hour and thirty minutes ago... Seriously though, it`d be convenient and if you do a good job, would make the clients work day so much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stupid ideas are always the greatest. I think its a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    if I had a garage, I would be doing that all the time!

also, you might kick around the idea of teaming up with a car audio place (your buddy) and have two businesses running out of one location (think of it as a one stop shop) I almost ended up doing that with a friend of mine, but then he went to school up north to become ATC certified!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL
    Hey guys, I`m not near a pro detailer, but I had an idea a few days ago and figured i`d see what you guys thought of it.

So it`s not really a super amazing idea, and it sorta stemmed from an idea my friends and I at my old car audio shop had. We always would work on our cars late at night, and always talked about how a car audio shop where you dropped your car off at night and got it before work the next day would be a great way to get customers. They don`t have to miss work or take time to drop off the car during normal business hours.

It seems to me that this might be a great idea for detailing too. If one were to have a garage set up with the appropriate lighting, etc. you could really make it convenient for some people who are super busy. Drop the car off anytime before 10 PM, and then either come pick it up in the morning, or for some customers the car would get brought back to their house so it`s there when they go leave for work (possibly for an extra fee?)

Anyways, that`s just my stupid idea. Let me know just how stupid it is. And don`t worry, you won`t hurt my feelings as I know most of my ideas are stupid.

Don`t kid yourself, no idea is a stupid idea, just an idea that may not work. I have always been full of so called stupid idea`s to the point where I can`t sleep because my mind is racing with possibilities.

Sometimes you simply may not have the funds to support an idea but that doesnt mean it`s stupid. I opened my first ecommerce store off a so called silly idea with virtually no cash and big idea`s. Now I see my idea`s being duplicated when I thought no one was looking.

If you think you can do it and be successful then go for it! Just do your research well.

Dave :buffing:
    Quality Doesn`t Cost, It Pay`s

Post Thanks / Like
    "Nocturnal Detailing"

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a ****ing awesome idea! There is definately a market for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem I see is local ordinances not allowing a 24 hour operation or operation after a certain hour of the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s a great idea actually. If a shop owner could find one or two people that were trustworthy of running a shop over-night, I think it could work. Utilizing all 24 hours in day is a good thing.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been offering this overnight service for a couple of years now. Works like a charm, the customers love it.

Sales people who make those late in the evening rush client appointments for the next day really like it. I do about 3 overnighter’s per month.

Post Thanks / Like
    i like it alot of people will like this idea plus dealerships would too

Post Thanks / Like
    Do it. If I didnt detail my own car, Id take it to you.

For those who dont need a buncha sleep, or are nocturnal, its a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s a great idea. I am going to try this out, people around here are very busy and this would be a great service to offer(for extra $$). I wouldn`t go all through the night but if i get the car by 5 or 6 pm I can finsh it by 10 or 12 pm and have them pick it up by 8, 9am

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve done something similar to this since I started detailing. Drop-Off anytime after work and pickup the next day. My shop has a coded opener, so I simply give them the code (I recode to their last 4 digit of phone number), and if I am not there they can simply drive away. My shop is completely locked up (cabinets etc) and they usually leave me a note on the white board or a phone call afterwards. I like it a lot. Allows me to get other things done and work in peace (because everyone else is sleeping). :xyxthumbs
    David Bibiloni

Tailored Automotive Detailing

Drive with Distinction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information