I`ve been offered a "tryout" tomorrow at a bodyshop, lol. They seem to have a pretty nice shop going. Very clean, right equipment and a good volume of higher end cars that I saw from the quick tour I was given. From what I was told, they are looking for a dedicated, in house detailer instead of using their bodymen as `detailers`.

From the very brief interview I had with the shop foreman, it seems all they are concerned about is production (yea, weird for a bodyshop eh?). Why hire a steady detailer, especially at the $rate$ they are willing to pay (its about 2.5x times what the going rate out here is for bodyshops)? Another thing... when I first showed interest in the job, I was asked if I had my own tools. Then when offered the tryout, I was told not to bring anything but myself. I just hope they are not expecting perfection from 4 ply twisted wool, 3M compound and 15 min per car, LOL. I really don`t know what to expect or to think. At this point I am starting to think its going to be a nightmare of a day.:buffing:

Since I have never worked in a bodyshop environment or even on super fresh paint (waterbased), is there anything you guys could give me a `heads up` on? TIA!!!!