Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Post Thanks / Like
    Just hit the 10 post mark so here is a pic of my old tacoma.

I am sure that the HHR is a good machine but I could see it getting cramped quick with a full load of supplies and equipment. But at 13-14k I am sure they are a good buy.

Local dealer has a few with less than 25,000 miles for 9,900-11,5 blueknobauto.com if you care to look

Post Thanks / Like
    Ford Flex Ftw!!!!
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta go with baseballover1 and recommend the ford flex. It is stylish in a quirky kinda way and in my opinion much better than the HHR. It gets decent gas mileage, isn`t as huge as a tahoe expedition or suburban, and has loads of space. I hate to get involved in the us versus japan thing but I have to say if my tahoe had been any more reliable over the past 8 years nothing at all would have broken. Seriously I think I have had to repair it twice, that kind of reliability isn`t bad.

Besides the flex I would look at the ford edge, and ford escape. No I am not a diehard ford fan I just think some of their vehicles really fit what you are looking for. Good mileage, lots of space, not too big for the city, and good price.

Good Luck

P.S. I am sorry if someone in the middle mentioned all these. I admit I did not read every page.

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if these have been mentioned but the ford transit connect and nissan nv2500 , personally I would go with the nissan for reliability and i really like the side door configuration - i think it`s and ideal setup for mobile detailing.

Doug Lucas
    The Detail Barn

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I got the HHR. But I like this Ford & Nissan, I think the Ford is in the US this summer?

Have you considered a Water $mart Eco Detailing solution?

Are willing to lose the Pressure Washer? If so, you can convert any vehicle, even a scooter to a mobile car wash & detailing rig. Definition of Detail will have to be adjusted.

You can use a waterless or No Rinse solution.

I am concerned that I do not see any wash mat, waste tank, reclamation systems in pictures, nor any consideration for them in the discussion. Personally, I think that any pro without such necessary equipment is actually an amateur. The Cities are starting to crack down heavily here in So California because much of the industry does not control the contaminants and waste water. Therefore, I label any not reclaiming or properly controlling contaminants and waste water as part of the industry issue.

A Water $mart Eco Detailing solution is the lowest cost to be compliant and part of the solution, in my opinion.

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the discussion was about getting a new vehicle.... not what equipment will make the tree huggers happy.. Idk I could be wrong.
    -The Gecko

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought detailing was a business, not a hobby, when selecting a vehcile ... I could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaited
    I thought detailing was a business, not a hobby, when selecting a vehcile ... I could be wrong.

:nixweiss....
    -The Gecko

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information