Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    Do you have any full pics of your truck other then your avatar?

I`d love to see how it looks...

No As soon as this Ohio weather warms up a bit I`ll take one and post it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would probobly go to the bookstore and grab Consumer Reports latest edition on Trucks/SUV`s and look at all of the different makes and models. Then narrow down my top 5 choices, then narrow it to 3 and then make a decision. I wouldn`t rush this, do your homework, take your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edmunds.com is also a good resource.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    What about a Magnum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, I just don`t know if I would have the guts to drop 20 grand on a gas guzzling SUV for my business, considering the economy and where gas prices were not long ago and where they might go in the future. But thats me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger
    Let me try this again...

Full size SUV, good.

Escalade/Tahoe/Expedition/Navigator, good choice. All of them look great, and have lots of room, and all of the bells and whistles.

Escalade 16-19mpg

Tahoe 17-20mpg

Expedition 17-20mpg

Navigator 17-20

Everyone wants a quality vehicle, right?

Ford beats Toyota in quality rankings - Autos- msnbc.com

"Ford’s Lincoln brand, which jumped from 12th to third in overall vehicle quality, averaged 100 problems per 100 vehicles. It was behind Porsche and Toyota’s Lexus luxury brand, which averaged 94 problems per 100 vehicles."

How does this favor American vehicles? 100 problems per 100 vehicles versus 94 problems per 100 vehicles?
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    It says to get better you need a Lexus or a Porsche.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool
    I would probobly go to the bookstore and grab Consumer Reports latest edition on Trucks/SUV`s and look at all of the different makes and models. Then narrow down my top 5 choices, then narrow it to 3 and then make a decision. I wouldn`t rush this, do your homework, take your time.

Good advise, that`s kind of what I`m doing. I`ve actually been thinking about it for quite some time now but just got a house and so other things have been priority.

I`ll make a good decision one way or another.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Considered one of the new Toyota Highlanders? They are surprisingly very roomy and can store a lot of stuff. Fairly good on gas too.
    Make it Shine Automotive Detailing
    Opti Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest Detailer
    Serving Greater Toronto Area, Mobile & Drop-off Service
    www.makeitshine.ca

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine
    Nice clean setup there. Do the generator fumes get in the cab? You also use your customers water? Sometime I`m out in the boonies and all they have is well water. Way to hard! So I carry 70 gallons in the Escalade truck! For all the haters out there. My truck is an 2002, with 126k on the odometer. WhenI`m carrying my equipment everything is secure,and no one can see it!

I take the generator out to use it, its a knockoff of a Kipor which is a knock off of a Honda EU and runs at less than 60db. Quieter than my vac.

As for water, pic on first page of this thread is mine. I use the cargo carrier to haul 35 gallons, 50ft of hose and a Briggs/CAT PW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    How does this favor American vehicles? 100 problems per 100 vehicles versus 94 problems per 100 vehicles?

Porsche Ceyenne $43,000-$96,000

Lexus LX570 $75,000-$100k

Lincoln Navigator $44,000-$61,000

If 6 problems per 100 is worth $35,000-$39,000 more, than go for it. It also shows that an American company is coming back. 12th place last year, and 3rd this year, and quality is now superior to Toyota and Honda.
    03 Mustang GT

93 Opalescent Mark Viii

06 Navigator

Post Thanks / Like
    dude, just because you are pro-american made and anti foreign doesnt mean everyone else has to be...maybe we like the styling better of the foreign cars and that is why we buy them, or maybe its the type of leather used, or maybe its the long run track record of building a better car, not just the last year or two.

NOT EVERYONE HAS TO LIKE FORD

dont ruin this thread by posting your personal thoughts on others decisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger
    Porsche Ceyenne $43,000-$96,000

Lexus LX570 $75,000-$100k

Lincoln Navigator $44,000-$61,000

If 6 problems per 100 is worth $35,000-$39,000 more, than go for it. It also shows that an American company is coming back. 12th place last year, and 3rd this year, and quality is now superior to Toyota and Honda.

Like I said, 100 per 100 versus 94 per 100. It has nothing to do with the value of the vehicles. That doesn`t change the ratio of problems per vehicle.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had many Fords and still have 2. But superior to Toyota or Honda hmmm. On what do you base the "quality" ??? JD Power isn`t a real measurement of quality in the long run, just how satisfied people are. One problem can be a transmission failure or a badly designed cup holder.. not very useful information IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    But if you spend more you expect less problems, no? The point is the Lincolns have tippy top of the line reliability without having tippy top of the line price.

Thought I often wonder about the accuracy of all these comparisons. The fact is someone buying a new Toyota, Hyundai, etc. is going to be less likely to report a problem because they`re obviously not in love with cars in general, so they might not care about a small issue or might not even notice it. Someone who is buying a Ferrari or Porsche, etc. might never notice it because they drive the car on an infrequent basis and have a daily driver they typically drive. And many people who own these aren`t as particular about them as someone like you or i would be (you can see that by the state they`re in before detail a lot of the time). Someone buying something in a Chevy might by hypercritical of the car expecting it to be problematic due to the common perception of american cars. Those stats also dont give a real representation of what the "problem" was or if there`s a high chance of a car with a lot of problems and the rest fine, etc.

All in all, statistics are all lies anyways. Find something you like, at a price you`re happy with and go from there. If it has issues, well that`s why they created warranties and loaner cars.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information