Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know there are disadvantages of using just one product line, but it helps me since I am employed full time and do detailing when I can.

So, I am looking for one line to use. I thought about CG, but I am unsure. Right now, I think Megs might be a good option. Thoughts? I am hoping to expand the business more in 2009, so this is a vital step for me. I want quality products at reasonable prices!

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    meguiars...chemicals and polishes are all pretty darn good! especially M105 and the APC+

but why one line...its not hard to place an order with autogeek or exceldetail and get different products...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I don`t know..just like to use one product line. Guess I am goofy like that. All the megs products I have used so far are great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I for one don`t think I could do just 1 product line. So many companies have different approaches which make their products on the cutting edge. I like having a variety to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum is updating their polishes, if the compound and hyper compound (and an finishing polish is in the works, I believe) are as good as the new version of the polish, I may at least be able to stick with one polishing line. Right now, I use Meguiars, Optimum and 3M.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple options that I would consider if I wanted just one manufacturer:

Meguiar`s

Optimum

Chemical Guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it`s possible to use only one product line unless it`s Megs` cause most specialize in paints and some only specialize in interior cleaners and some in other areas but none really specialize in all catagories except Meg`s.

I would suggest Meg`s or 3M, they both have huge selections as well as something for every part of the car.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re looking for complete auto detailing from A to Z (cleaner, compound, polish, LSP, APC, upholstery, carpet, dressings, interior, exterior, tools, etc.), Meguiars is pretty comprehensive and affordable.

Rob G
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss, although less `boutique` than some, seems to have most needs covered. The only thing it doesn`t have is an abrasive polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nuts. Nuts, I say!

Pick a favorite line sure, but every line has its losers. Never pay for a loser product.

Diversify as little as possible if you must, but sticking with a single line for the sake of itself, seems like a losing situation.

Hope this helps.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Meg`s, if i had to choose just 1, thatd be it
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would probably do Meg`s. Lot of auto body supply shops stock it, and if they don`t, they can usually get it within 1 business day. Most of the shops around me primarily stock Meg`s and 3M, and Megs product line is usually cheaper.

If you are fully licensed and can get shop pricing, Meg`s as your sole product line is tough to beat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finish Kare?
    Club Flex Member

Newport Auto Perfection owner and operator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know of a more complete line out there than Meguiar`s. They have some of the top products in several categories in the industry.

Their prices are also fantastic- especially when compared to some other brands (Often 1/3rd or 1/5th the cost!).

I actually started out as a Mothers user, then dabbled in Zaino, and Meguiars. From there I tried several brands (Optimum, Menzerna, and lake country, to name a few) but at the end of the day I *usually* reach for a Meguiar`s product.

Of course there will always be a product somewhere, in some category that can beat one of theirs...but overall, as the original poster asked, Meguiar`s I think would have the best and most complete line up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob22315
    Duragloss, although less `boutique` than some, seems to have most needs covered. The only thing it doesn`t have is an abrasive polish.

#`s 652 Buffing/Polishing Cleaner, and 671 SMR.......Bahdabing.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information