Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s a radio station here (Sacramento) that does a "Saturday at the 70`s" thing all day. It really makes detailing a lot more fun when I can listen to it. My iPod doesn`t have FM radio......I just got an HTC Tilt phone so I am trying to figure out how to play radio through that so i can wear earphones while I work........

Post Thanks / Like
    well since i was in the car audio industry for many many years before this, i have no hearing left. and it is a miss conception that noise from every day things will hurt you. in the research i did, in ear headphones will cause more damage than not wearing protection at all. and it is usually high pitched noises that hurt your hearing long term. low frequency noises dont impact as greatly. really low loud notes, as those from a manufactures demo vehicle will cause internal chaffing of organs and internal bleeding. ask me how i know, come on ask me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    He`s saying he needs ear protection when he`s inside and the wifey is talking. I know, it takes a little bit of interpretation.

guess married people get this joke, even if it is a bit improperly worded. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Post!

I worked in steel fabrication for 25 plus years, in shops. All the different equipment running, shears,brakes, drills, welders,grinders, overhead cranes with horns and beepers. Will decrease your hearing. As a result of trying to be safety conscious I always wore ear plugs. I now where plugs while running a buffer, vac, gas pressure washer, generator, lawn mower.weed wacker etc. My little princess is just 11. I want to be able to hear her when I`m older. 51 now and hearing is good because of ppe. Personal Protective Equipment

My advise to everyone protect the ears and eyes. Can`t order a new set of either from AG!

Post Thanks / Like
    All the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    If prolonged noise levels above 85db or higher, then it would be wise to wear some form of ear protection. You should also wear some eye protection as well.
    If you do not change what your doing today, tomorrow will be no different.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wear ear and eye protection when I polish.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Post Thanks / Like
    always wearing polarized glasses while detailing in the sun, and listening to headphones while detailing in general, but not all that loud...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by advs1
    well since i was in the car audio industry for many many years before this, i have no hearing left. and it is a miss conception that noise from every day things will hurt you. in the research i did, in ear headphones will cause more damage than not wearing protection at all. and it is usually high pitched noises that hurt your hearing long term. low frequency noises dont impact as greatly. really low loud notes, as those from a manufactures demo vehicle will cause internal chaffing of organs and internal bleeding. ask me how i know, come on ask me

Yes I know what you mean I too was in the car audio biz for like 20 years so I know first hand about waking up with blood on the pillows from my ears.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m always on my ipod when I work. Even on the barely minimal volume it still helps block out some sound

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t wear ear protection for my work. I`m a professional audio engineer and backline tech. So I have to hear everything. When home though, anything over about 80 db gets ear plugs, mower, trimmer, polisher, pressure washer, saws, etc. I have a system in my car, and don`t even turn it up either. It`s only there now for fullness, not how loud it can get LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwisejr
    Yes I know what you mean I too was in the car audio biz for like 20 years so I know first hand about waking up with blood on the pillows from my ears.

:nervous: :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kaval
    ...I have sensitive ears so any loud noises bother me like crazy...

Same here.

I have a couple of pairs of nice muffs Leightning L3. I grab them anytime that I am doing something noisy (woodworking tools, chainsaws, woodsplitter, leafblower, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad to see some of us are wearing hearing protection! I still see lots of the 20hr+ job write up pictures with rotaries in their hands and no hearing protection on.

As others have said, using headphones can make things worse than using no hearing protection. Unless you are using headphones that seal out external sounds and then listen at lower levels, you are doing more harm than good. Put on a sound system/radio in the garage, then put on your earplugs. You would still hear the music, but it just reduced in volume as is all your equipment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information