Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used the 2 bucket method, but I did once have an employer that told me that a detail can be done right with ONLY, 6 gallons of water, and no other water access, utilizing the 2 bucket method. He is the owner of a well established mobil company. This is what I thought was garbage. Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to tell the story through the clients eye. This is where the confusion came from. I have always prewashed with a powerwasher. Back to the employer, I went out with him the first day for ( TRAINING ) He tells me were going to an office building to do a 96 BMW M3. We arrive the car is black, and filthy. He gets out his water, and tells me about the 2 bucket meth. He has one clean, and one mildly soapy, takes his mitt dips it in the soap,and begins to wash only using the clean water at the end to rinse. He completed the detail, and charged the client 280.00, no engine bay, no door jambs, no wheel wells ect. I have to say his buisness does very well. In my opinion this is not acceptable, it scared the $@!& out of me. I did`nt work one day for him. I went home, and still have crazy nightmares to this day. I should have labled my original post DEFINITION OF A HACK. My bad !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by california love
    I have never used the 2 bucket method, but I did once have an employer that told me that a detail can be done right with ONLY, 6 gallons of water, and no other water access, utilizing the 2 bucket method. He is the owner of a well established mobil company. This is what I thought was garbage. Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to tell the story through the clients eye. This is where the confusion came from. I have always prewashed with a powerwasher. Back to the employer, I went out with him the first day for ( TRAINING ) He tells me were going to an office building to do a 96 BMW M3. We arrive the car is black, and filthy. He gets out his water, and tells me about the 2 bucket meth. He has one clean, and one mildly soapy, takes his mitt dips it in the soap,and begins to wash only using the clean water at the end to rinse. He completed the detail, and charged the client 280.00, no engine bay, no door jambs, no wheel wells ect. I have to say his buisness does very well. In my opinion this is not acceptable, it scared the $@!& out of me. I did`nt work one day for him. I went home, and still have crazy nightmares to this day. I should have labled my original post DEFINITION OF A HACK. My bad !

He was probably using a product like ONR (Optimum No Rinse). Use the search function and search for Scottwax`s post entitled: "How a Wash a Car". No hoses and only a few gallons of water, the beauty of ONR. I don`t think anyone would call Scottwax a hack either. You can also go to YouTube and search under ONR and see he it is a very legitimate washing style.

This guy you worked for may have been a hack but I can assure you, using ONR or the other reliable no rinse washes (Quick and Easy Wash 0r Detailer`s Pride Four in One) does not make the mobile guys hacks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Turtle wax ice car wash !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody is calling scott or you hacks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nevermind what he skipped over, what did the rest of the car look like for $280? Sounds a bit shady...................
    2005 Mercedes E55 AMG / 2007 GMC Yukon XL / 2008 Ducati Hypermotard / 2006 BMW K1200S / 1999 BMW M3

Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of what this detailer is, if anyone is stupid here its the customer, if they happily pay $280 dollars for what sounds like a simple wash then so be it. Can`t hate on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    since when does anyone use 6 gallons of ONR solution for one car?

this guy wasnt using ONR...
    2002.5 mazda Protege5:heelclick

Thread Information