I got into detailing cars because a company I worked for as a car salesman needed a detailer and I took the job in addition to my other job. Over the years I have developed a passion for detailing cars and my love for beautiful cars have grown tremendously.

I do enjoy reading the comments that are often offered here and on other automotive forums. However,I have often found myself at odds with people who think they should always have a comment to add. There are some detailers on this forum who are obviously very talented and have much to offer others. Some of us should listen carefully and practice our craft carefully after we have listened.

My issue is a bit simple, I believe auto detailing should add value to an automobile. I am concerned that most cars manufactured today are not been cared for in a manner that will allow them to be the kind of classic of yesteryear. We detailers have a big role to play in this. It is my opinion that detailers should detail a car as if its life span will be 30 years (for example). With this in mind a detailer should develop best practices that will facilitate this. Steps that are taken to “correct “paint should consider the fact that original paint will always be the best.

Our country is going through some economic corrections and one thing that is sure to happen is for people to adjust there spending pattern. A detailer who can sell his client the reality that he can keep his car a bit or much longer with proper care and maintenance will be in the game for a long time.:bestwish