Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve noticed a trend lately of pro detailers including their website URL in their signature. I`m not talking about new members who have recently joined, and might just not know better, either . . . the most recent culprit has well over 500 posts. So far, I`ve just been replacing the URL in the signature with a message that the link has been removed by moderators. From now on, violators of this rule also win a 7-day timeout. Those of you who have been here for a while should know better, and new members should read forum rules before posting.

The general forums of Autopia do NOT exist to support your business. You may NOT include your URL, phone number, or any contact information in the general forums for any reason. If you post photos in Click & Brag, make sure your business info is NOT visible on your vehicle, a t-shirt, your watermark, etc. In the past, I`ve just deleted those pictures; from now on, the entire thread will be removed and the thread starter will receive a 7-day timeout.

You MAY include your business name in your signature or your avatar. You MAY include your contact info in your profile. If answering a request for detailing services in the regional forums, point the user to your profile for contact info, DO NOT POST IT.

Tort

(moderator)

Post Thanks / Like
    Since a member decided to try to split hairs and do some lawyering on the forum rules, let me make this perfectly clear: YOU MAY NOT INCLUDE A COMMERCIAL LINK *OR* URL IN YOUR SIGNATURE. It doesn`t matter whether you`ve put a link around it or not; including the text of the URL is forbidden.

While I`m at it, another reminder: Please keep your signature to three lines of text. And, while this isn`t formalized in the rules, please don`t make the font six times larger than normal or use other vB tags to call undue attention to your business. If it feels like you might be advertising, please, just don`t.

Tort

Thread Information