Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a company interested in doing 400+ of their vehicles and have each of them washed once every one to two months. These are work trucks so basically we will be simply pressure washing them off to get the major dirt/grime, no manual scrubbing. I`m trying to figure out a pricing point. The vehicles are evenly dispersed in about four locations within 20 minutes of each other. We have done dealer lots but never a job of this size, could someone please offer some advice into what a good price per vehicle would be taking into account gas/water/supplies. My initial thought was $10 per, but the whole ballgame changes when you talk that many vehicles

I will be using all my own resources (200 gallon tank, chemical injection, 2500 psi pressure washer mounted in enclosed trailer)

My best estimate is one laborer getting done 40 vehicles a day and getting it done over a two week period. Labor for that period about $800, gas $250, truck/trailer/equipment/insurance/water payments $750 = $1800 Income about $4000 @ $10 a vehicle. Am I shooting too high on the price?

Thanks for any input

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran into a guy that did fleet washing at a local car dealership. He said he did around $3.50 - $5 per car just to knock the dirt and pollen off (not sure how that stacks up with what you`ll be doing). Make sure you`re filtering the water so you don`t leave water spots - that should help speed things up. I would say 10 is not too bad depending on the size of the trucks and traveling that you will need to do. I mean quote them at 10 and see what they say would be a suggestion? What price is the lowest you would be comfortable doing it at?
    ~Tyler C.

T.C. Detailing L.L.C

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help, I was planning on using an inline water filter and does anyone know if it would be safe for the equipment to say mix a gallon of Optimum No Rinse with the 200 gallons of water (their recommended mix rate).

As far as price all of the vehicles are mostly trucks and work vans as well as about 40 or so large bucket trucks. I think the lowest I could go would be $8, any lower than that I think expenses would eat up almost all the profit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowroomDetail
    Thanks for the help, I was planning on using an inline water filter and does anyone know if it would be safe for the equipment to say mix a gallon of Optimum No Rinse with the 200 gallons of water (their recommended mix rate).

As far as price all of the vehicles are mostly trucks and work vans as well as about 40 or so large bucket trucks. I think the lowest I could go would be $8, any lower than that I think expenses would eat up almost all the profit.

Stoners makes a product called "Shine & Sealant" that sounds like its made for this sort of thing. I have 5 gallons in my basement, however I haven`t tried it out yet.

I wouldn`t obsess over water spots and stuff, these are box trucks, they just don`t want them to look super dirty and for the drivers to be able to see well through the windshield. If you try to apply standards of conduct and quality made for cars then you`ll either be charging too much or not making enough money.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say then start at $10 per vehicle and if they don`t like that then you know $8 is the lowest you`re willing to go before it becomes a burden rather than a help.
    ~Tyler C.

T.C. Detailing L.L.C

Post Thanks / Like
    I am charging $5 a car/pickup. I do not do a fleet that big, but I do a couple car lots weekly which usually amounts to 60ish cars. I do just a Basic Exterior wash, Clean windows and Tire Sheen but I do dry them.

Thread Information