Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have a document they give to their customers on washing & maintaining their vehicles after you detail them? I`m in the process of putting together a maintenance regiment with a list of products and processes. What are you guys doing? Any video links that show something worthwhile?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a fold out pamphlet that I leave for clients with some maintenance tips. I wonder truly how many just throw it away
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave - PM me your email address - I have a ton of write-ups I have for customers.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was actually thinking of composing one myself. Of course, I`d have it so that the products/tools can be bought OTC but briefly mention some of the boutique products/tools that may be bought for easier or better maintenace.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been working towards finalizing a FAQ style document that describes the claying and paint correction process and a few other things beyond the common wash and wax detail so the client can fully understand what`s going to happen. As far as DIY processes... so far I just have a how-to on washing while reducing the chance of re-introducing swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    I simply give a brief how-to on how to wash (as stated above).

Swirls in the future means hopefully more business in the future!
    PARK AVENUE

- D E T A I L I N G -

Ottawa Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    When I e-mail them a link to their pictures (on my site) I include this link: Washing & Drying How-To, Tips, & FAQ - Auto Detailing Guide
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow talk about reviving an old thread, can someone please PM me this information as well. I would like to have a routine check-list to follow. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    My customers do not wash and maintain their own cars` paintworks.

So, I explain to them the importance of maintenance, and recommend a "Maintenance Package" for them. It covers 6mths and allows them to see for themselves how an effective maintenance program can help ensure a consistently great looking car.

I will buy any recommended products for them, keep them at my shop, and use them on the said vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw someone offering a little package to clients. It worked like this: Buy a certain detailing package and receive a free tool box filled with maintenance items like some soap, tire dressing, possible MF`s, etc. And then once the detail is done, send a thank you note in an e-mail linking to a place describing the process of the correct way to wash a vehicle.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should have something like that, but I don`t. I do tend to spend about 30+ minutes with a new client after a detail, explaining how they should care for their car. Last night, I met a guy who wanted to use me and I told him if he did, it would mean a "lifestyle-change" for his car, otherwise, he would be wasting $500. I feel very strongly about educating clients on proper car care.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, probably having video`s (try to make them good quality, not low budget looking) you make yourself on your website for your customers to check in on may be good for you. Kind of like the zillions of How-to`s that are up on youtube, but I suppose when it comes straight from you, it seems like you put more thought into your specific process, or generally, just helps the customer worry less about "do I need to be looking up more stuff to make sure i have everything covered?"
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Thread Information