Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gang, as most of you know, I sold Perfect Auto Finish last year, when I sold I still kept the rights to continue my auto clinics, and they are going like crazy. I`m booked pretty solid for this year, getting paid $200 for an hour and a half class. Most classes are at Libraries. (which pay me through tax dollars) and I have been getting interest now from Park Districts as well. I also speak at car clubs (for a fee) I have found its alot easier to teach and get paid, then spending 6 hours working on a car. and I LOVE IT!!!I would be glad to help anyone get this program off the ground in your area, hope all is well with you all. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary, you da marketing man! What a way to "retire"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary, I saw a post in the Midwest forums about your detailing classes in the Chicago area but the post is no longer there. Are the classes still on and will you be reposting the schedule?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary,

Great to see you around!! It was a pleasure to meet you last year in Chicago for dinner and hear your thoughts and stories!

I have been asked to speak to the PCA in Sept. as a detail expert before a large car show. I will use your skills and marketing tips as a springboard to get me ready.

Thanks, Rob Regan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rob, good luck on your speaking gig.........I have had many people respond PM so I will try to convey more info here, to start a clinic, you have to have a passion for detailing. second, just put together around an hour and a half lpresentation on detailing, if you have computer skills, using a computerized slide show is great, in my case I just use posters, I like to keep things simple. In your class, keep in mind this is NOT intended for pro`s only the novice. I go over some tips on buying cars, new and used what to look for, what to be aware of how dealers try to trap you. Then I go over products, applications, chemicals, how they are used, paint systems, (dual stage and singel stage) claying, wheels, engine cleaning, and interior care. You will be suprised how fast one and a half hours go by. I save 1/2 hour at the end for questions, and I get plenty. target Libraries, most of them get tax dollars to support programs, which is where my fee of $200 comes from. Park districts are new for me, they pay differently, my fee depends on the amount of people that come, say they charge $15 for the class, I will get 80% of that the park gets 20%. so the more people that come, the more I make, now that my program is so popular, being in the press and on cable TV, I get alot of exposure. when I say anyone can do this, I mean it. if anyone of you can make one of my classes, come on out and see how I work.....good luck, if you have more questions, let me know..gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Garry , When are you doing classes in the west burbs like LaGrange , Brookfield,Westmont , Lyons ,and Western Springs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lawrence due to Autopia rules I can only post the classes here that are free to the public, which are libraires, if just started doing park districts this year, however they do charge a min fee, pm me for info on one near you..........

Thread Information