Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again....

I wonder what you do in case of a car need 2 days for full detail...How do you calculate the price?What if the owner want to use the car until the next day of detailing??

And how do you handle it in general ?

Thanks once again guys...:2thumbs:
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Detail the interior the first day. Save the exterior for the second day.

If there`s too much work on exterior for just one day, you`ll have to explain that he needs to choose whether he wants a properly cleaned car or he wants a less-than-perfect job.

If he wants the best of both worlds AND to drive it, walk(and let him know you`re there when he wants it done right). You won`t make him happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    And what about the price??i guess i have to charge the extra fuels and distance twice??
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    depends on distance. But more than likely a job that lasts that long will not be a cheap detail/reconditioning in the first place. But everything needs to be upfront with the vehicles owner about the process.
    Forever New, llc :bat

Mobile Detailing

ForeverNewJax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    have the client drop it off at your place...pick it up when you call and say you are done..

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should just charge by the hour. If it takes 1 day or 2 days, charge by the hour, and it is what it is.

I would do the interior the first day. If the car is really dirty, I would give it a thorough washing the first day, and clean the wheels, wheel wells and tires. Hopefully, if he didn`t get it very dirty while driving it, you could start the second day with a quick ONR wash, then proceed to clay, polish, and sealant/wax. Then you would finish with a final wipedown, windows, trim, etc...
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys...if it is OK to tell me,how much you would charge in that case??lets say that the interior it is OK and don`t need any special treatment, but the paint is full of swirls without deep scratches,a big car with hard CC..(probably 2 days with DA polisher as i don`t use rotary)...
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    cant tell you what to charge, its really up to what you want to charge to be competitive/stay in business...if you charge twice the

Post Thanks / Like
    but something like a two day detail would run about 800-1200...just take your hourly rate and figure out an estimate on how long with will take, do the math, and tell your client...

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Agreed. People need to understand that when you dedicate that kind of time to a vehicle it is not a cheap car wash detail for $100 and should not expect it to be priced as such. Be competitive in your pricing and price yourself according to your skills, if you feel you are worth it, charge for it.
    Forever New, llc :bat

Mobile Detailing

ForeverNewJax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    agreed I`d charge someone between the 800-1200 stated before....probably closer to the higher end of the range due to fuel/travel/lodging expenses etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pampos
    Hi again....

I wonder what you do in case of a car need 2 days for full detail...How do you calculate the price?

Hire an assistant. The price shouldn`t change one bit either.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do the interior first. Wash the car, clean the wheels/guards and clay the car. I`d start buffing the bonnet to see what steps will be used on the rest of the car.

Then on the second day all you need to do is give it a quick wash and start buffing!

Alternatively you could wash,clay and do the first two steps of the machine polish on the first day.

Then do the glaze/wax on the second day, with the interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re doing serious paint correction, you need to learn to use a rotary. It`s just not fair to you or the client to try to do correction with a PC on a hard clear coat cause they`re going to pay a ton for the many hours yet the car will not be perfect since you`re using a PC.....

For two day processes I have them drop it off with me. Or if they dont` want to do that, they`ll pay double for gas.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    If you`re doing serious paint correction, you need to learn to use a rotary. It`s just not fair to you or the client to try to do correction with a PC on a hard clear coat cause they`re going to pay a ton for the many hours yet the car will not be perfect since you`re using a PC.....

For two day processes I have them drop it off with me. Or if they dont` want to do that, they`ll pay double for gas.

Josh

I am trying not to charge too much because of that...

You mean that there is a big difference between DA and rotary finish??i know that rotary gives better results but is there sooo much difference??

And yes,at least i try to doing serious paint correction,as much as UDM can help me
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information