Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    How you turn down a customer that seems shady? You guys go like "Ummmmmmm yeah, Im booked for the next three months, you want to wait?" or "Mmmmmm yeah, its going to cost you $700 for a express detail"

One thing that I consider really important is to write down the vin number of the vehicle.

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAES
    How you turn down a customer that seems shady? You guys go like "Ummmmmmm yeah, Im booked for the next three months, you want to wait?" or "Mmmmmm yeah, its going to cost you $700 for a express detail"

One thing that I consider really important is to write down the vin number of the vehicle.

When a person calls, if I don`t know them, I will spend some time talking to them. I ask them about expectations, and give them "starting at" prices. If they complain about the price, or ask for a discount, I tell them I am probably not the guy for them.

If I get the impression that they are going to be a pain, or are looking to pull something, I tell them that I am sorry, but with me being so small, I am not taking on any new clients at the moment. I find that is a pretty cut and dry response, that doesn`t leave them with the impression I am stringing them along, or jerking them around.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    You already know this I am sure, but driving a $70,000 car without insurance is a major risk.

Yes I do know... However, there is insurance on the car, and as I said, the client, who is a trusted client, has already confirmed he`s fine with me driving it (he`s actually the one who asked me as he will be out of town) so I`m sure it will be fine
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAES

+1 to what warrior said... it`s a huge step to identify the client at the initial meeting, whether over the phone or in person.. as I mentioned before, I`ve been fortunate enough to keep 95% of my clients within the car enthusiast community, and they all understand what to expect of a detail and what to expect after the detail... a few clients have called me back a few times for swirls coming back, but they eventually just gave up as they don`t want me to maintain the car, rather go to bad auto wash places, so there was no point in complaining about swirls anymore

In short, just try to identify the client very well as early as possible, and go from there
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity
    I`d be happy to share the materials I use with anyone that needs them... Email me at jason@deep-gloss.com and I will gladly pass them along

Thanks for sharing as well Jason!
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information