Post Thanks / Like
    Moved into a new home in Maricopa, AZ...about 17 miles south of phoenix. This little town has been growing like wildfire for the past year or two.

I cant figure out how to advertise out here. We have no newspaper besides the Phoenix publications and the homeowner associations will not allow me to advertise or solicit in any way, shape or form.

The area consists of two new grocery store and shop complex`s, a few gas stations and thousands upon thousands of cookie cutter, middle class stucco homes. Everyone either commutes to Phoenix or works out of their home.

Just wondering if you veterans have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    NOt sure but can you post some business cards at the gas stations and in the grocery store as you go inside i see a lot of people advertise that way. Or post a flyer with with tear off phone numbers at the bottom.Homer oweners accociations are a pain a lot of

times to work with.
    04 cobra mystichrome Sold new home in AZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also live in a smaller area, and found that MANY just use online searches. A good way, if you have a website also.

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I have seen done before is this (for mobile guys)...

Get you a sandwich board sign with your logo on it, along with phone # and website address. Go to the local shopping center on a busy Saturday. Take your own personal car, and wash it there in the parking lot, with your sandwich board set up for people to see who you are (assuming you know it is ok to do this in the parking lot). After all, no one will know that you are actually washing YOUR car. You can also do this same thing at an office in a business park during the work week around the lunch hour. People will see you as they are coming and going.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try to find a someone who does direct mail in the area. A good direct mail piece will get you some business. Check and see if United Marketing has a franchise in your area. They are who I use out here in NOVA.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Some markets have community bulletin boards, post some cards there. Get a license plate frame done with "your company name" and at the bottom phone number. Go into the business with an inexpensive business card holder (and business cards), offer the owner a free wash in exchange to place your business cards on a counter for patrons to see. Be sure to have your message loud and clear on the business cards! Don`t skimp out and only buy 4 color (yes 4 color) business cards. Single side is fine. This card is an extension of what your business represents and if you hand somebody a skimpy card, the first impression of your business will be skimpy. Mail color post cards with a time sensitive special but don`t put a date on it. You want them to call. Post cards are effective if mailed at least 3 times over 3 months to the same group of people. You`ll get a better rate than a letter and no sorting or stuffing. There are thousands of companies offering mailing services, but you can cut some costs, if you get your own (pitney bowes) mailing machine and check with the post office for rates. Consider a large 15" X 15" door magnet with your company name you slap onto the vehicle before driving around town.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the area you are in well and know what you are up against (I have an ad agency in Scottsdale) I would strongly suggest val pak or super coups as a low cost, targeted approch but here are some other ideas:

Wrap you truck and make it a rolling business car - I have a great guy I can refer you to who recently wrapped some cement trucks for me as part of a superbowl promo.

Contact some of the HOA, they all send out monthly newsletters and many accept ads to offset the printing and mailing costs.

See if some local merchants will allow you to set up a "fish bowl" to give away a free car wash - yes you may have to do a few cars for free but you will get hundreds of cards from potential clits that you can contact with a "special package"

If you want to chat, free of charge, shoot me a PM

Thread Information