How do you guys deal with low ballers? The guys who use professional products or even otc products, do the same things you do, and they do it for half of what you charge?

How do you convince a client that your work is better at your price vs the low baller who does the exact same thing? If im charging someone say $150 for a full detail, and that one person has a friend who got a full detail done for $75, what do you do? There is a higher % i think, that you just lost a customer?

Anybody can really do the basics such as vacuum and wash, clean rims and tires, hand wax, wipe down interior, windows, and apply dressings to moldings and tires, polish chrome wheels, leather conditioner, air freshener etc.....

I ask, because i know of a guy on the other side of town that uses a honda civic hatchback and does alot of business. He has a few places where he details (previous paragraph) all the employees cars for half the price as the previous detailer, and took his job basically.

What do you do? Will you match his price to keep the business, or you work much better that you`ll take it as a loss and move on? How do you compete. Unless im blind, the only really difference i can see is in the waxing. The pro may use a buffer, but the low baller will use his hands and he`ll be safe. Waxing with a buffer is probably the really big difference, because you can for sure screw up a car?

With how bad the economy is these days, people will always go cheaper.