Salutations,

The story starts like this; I owned and operated a small used car dealership until the end of last year after being in service and management departments for the six years prior. At the end of my lease my landlord decided to allow a zoning change in December, limiting my business and forcing me to move out. Since then I`ve been unsuccessful in finding a suitable property to restart my dealership- so I`m going mobile.

I`ve been lurking and reading alot of the posts you all have made here at autopia, and autogeek, meguiars and other forums ( :mamoru: ) to get a handle on the portable equipment and caveats of the industry. There is alot of information on here, so from myself and the other guests- thank you.

Anyway, I picked up an SUV (pics later of the initial cleanup) on Wed of this week because most cars couldn`t tow the weight of a trailer, water tank, pressure washer and generator. All of which I assume is necessary if planning to market to apartments and most businesses. I figured at 8.5lbs per gallon and the trailer I`d be too close to a sedan`s capacity.

For anyone interested; with the cost of the truck, equipment and materials I will be just under $7000 all said and done. I`ll be downsizing my shop vac, but my rotary/brushes/towels/etc will transfer just fine- anything else will need to be purchased. That`s pretty cheap in terms of necessary capital when starting any business.

I`ve already got the sales/tax permit and approval from my ZEO/Planning Depts. Marketing and advertising starts at the end of March, and April should be slow with all the rain we get. I`ll be in the Northern CT/Southern MA area from Hartford to Springfield and as far as I can tell- theres only one `side jobber` making money in my region. With all the hack details and dealers around here it`s like blood in the water- OM NOM NOM NOM.