Thread: Hard Job

Post Thanks / Like
    Any ideas how can i repair that paint?? the owner doesn`t want to repaint it at the moment,as i told him :p and he said me to give a try.Do i have any hope with UDM??I already try on the hood as you can see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    UDM may lighten some of those scratches. Obviously the ones with the rust in them require more than polishing. The two last pictures may indicate the cc is close to failure. I personally would not take the job because the customer`s expectations in this case will most likely not be exceeded.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    UDM may lighten some of those scratches. Obviously the ones with the rust in them require more than polishing. The two last pictures may indicate the cc is close to failure. I personally would not take the job because the customer`s expectations in this case will most likely not be exceeded.
    For that kind of scratches (not the rusted once) what i have to use with UDM to remove them?(maybe not on that car but generally speaking)

Post Thanks / Like
    With the UDM, probably a medium to heavy cut leveler/polish. The problem is many of those type of products are designed for a rotary, although they will work with an orbital.
    Brad Will- Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    With the UDM, probably a medium to heavy cut leveler/polish. The problem is many of those type of products are designed for a rotary, although they will work with an orbital.
    Some polishes that i can use just to get an idea ??SFX-1 is ok or i need something better?if yes which one do you suggest me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not familiar with SFX-1. The Hi-Temp line sold by Top of the Line works well with an orbital; try the medium and heavy cut leveler. In addition the Optimum polish, buy it is fairly mild via orbital.
    Brad Will- Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Not familiar with SFX-1. The Hi-Temp line sold by Top of the Line works well with an orbital; try the medium and heavy cut leveler. In addition the Optimum polish, buy it is fairly mild via orbital.
    Thanks for the advise.i think i have to learn how to use a rotary polisher

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, but find yourself the right clients and you will never need a rotary. What I mean is find the people who like to keep their cars pristine from the time they are new. Obviously if they are maintained correctly from the beginning, heavy polishing with a rotary should never be necessary. In the real world though it is not so easy.
    Brad Will- Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    i doubt those will "disappear" without adding paint and wetsanding, then polishing out....

I had a truck like that the other day...the scratches are still visible, but barely...if its rusting, its down to the metal, and you need to add paint to get it right again...you might be able to blend the rest, but probably wont remove....

get hi temp extreme cut...it finishes down close to LSP ready, but I always hit it with another polishing step...

Thread Information