Thread: Opinion needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all.

I attached some pictures of my car and i would like your opinion about the paint surface.Does it look good?I used the Sonus pre-wax cleaner and carnauba wax.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe some close-up pics in the sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    maybe some close-up pics in the sunlight?
    here are some more.i don`t have at the moment something better but i will get some soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it look good to you? Like BigAl said, closeups in direct sunlight at different angles would help. Are you looking for something specific?

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks good in the shade, you can see some pretty good marring in the sun shots though. You might want to look into polishing it out by machine.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    It looks good in the shade, you can see some pretty good marring in the sun shots though. You might want to look into polishing it out by machine.
    i am looking to find out the better way to remove completely some swirl marks (extremely fine and hardly shown) and give the deepest shine as possible.i have already tried, by dual action polisher, the pre-wax cleaner,the final finish polish and a carnauba wax for protection.do you have some suggestions for better results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jswift2000
    Does it look good to you? Like BigAl said, closeups in direct sunlight at different angles would help. Are you looking for something specific?
    i am looking to find out the better way to remove completely some swirl marks (extremely fine and hardly shown) and give the deepest shine as possible.i have already tried, by dual action polisher, the pre-wax cleaner,the final finish polish and a carnauba wax for protection.do you have some suggestions for better results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, you just need a more aggressive polish than the pre-wax cleaner. Try sonus SFX-1 on an orange pad, than SFX-3 on a white pad, than carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, you just need a more aggressive polish than the pre-wax cleaner. Try sonus SFX-1 on an orange pad, than SFX-3 on a white pad, than carnauba.
    why the orange pad and not the yellow one?at what speed i should use it?is it a good idea to avoid the SFX-2 step?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pampos
    why the orange pad and not the yellow one?at what speed i should use it?is it a good idea to avoid the SFX-2 step?

Orange @ speed 6 on a porter cable. Yellow tends to leave hard to get out fine marring via PC. You could use SFX-2 or SFX-1, I just have a tendency to go for the more aggressive product (I detail professionally on the side, and black cars tend to take the more aggressive option to perfect 95% of the time).

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is that before i got the car,they polished it by rotary polisher creating heavy swirl marks.They tried again and again to repair them (by rotary polisher again) and they made it worse.Since then (3 years ago) i was trying to repair the paint by hand polishes, swirl remover,glazes etc.I tried Autoglym super resin polish,Autoglym deep shine,Meguiars scratch-X without any results.Then i bought the Ultimate Detailing machine and i tried it using the scratch-X on the white pad(SFX-2 SonusPad) and to be honest i saw big difference.Because i am not sure about the clear coat`s level(because of the "professional" detailer) and because of my experiments, i don`t know what to do.Now i have in my "collection" the UDM Polisher,the 3 steps of SFX Polish,the Meguiars scratch-X, the Meguiars paint cleanser(step 1) and polish (step 2),the Klasse-All-in-One.the Klasse glaze,carnauba wax,the SFX pads(steps SFX-1,SFX-2,SFX-3 Pads),the DAS Pads (white,orange green and blue),the Sonus swirlbuster polish and the Sonus paint cleanser.Please tell me if you can what is the better and safer way to combine those products (i mean the best combination, not all of them : ) ) to have the best possible results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, get an orange pad use sfx 3 with orange, follow with 2 or one with white polishing pad then use klasse sealant and then the wax, that should get the majority out

Post Thanks / Like
    Orange @ speed 6 on a porter cable. Yellow tends to leave hard to get out fine marring via PC. You could use SFX-2 or SFX-1, I just have a tendency to go for the more aggressive product (I detail professionally on the side, and black cars tend to take the more aggressive option to perfect 95% of the time).
    The problem is that before i got the car,they polished it by rotary polisher creating heavy swirl marks.They tried again and again to repair them (by rotary polisher again) and they made it worse.Since then (3 years ago) i was trying to repair the paint by hand polishes, swirl remover,glazes etc.I tried Autoglym super resin polish,Autoglym deep shine,Meguiars scratch-X without any results.Then i bought the Ultimate Detailing machine and i tried it using the scratch-X on the white pad(SFX-2 SonusPad) and to be honest i saw big difference.Because i am not sure about the clear coat`s level(because of the "professional" detailer) and because of my experiments, i don`t know what to do.Now i have in my "collection" the UDM Polisher,the 3 steps of SFX Polish,the Meguiars scratch-X, the Meguiars paint cleanser(step 1) and polish (step 2),the Klasse-All-in-One.the Klasse glaze,carnauba wax,the SFX pads(steps SFX-1,SFX-2,SFX-3 Pads),the DAS Pads (white,orange green and blue),the Sonus swirlbuster polish and the Sonus paint cleanser.Please tell me if you can what is the better and safer way to combine those products (i mean the best combination, not all of them ) to have the best possible results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNorwall
    Ok, get an orange pad use sfx 3 with orange, follow with 2 or one with white polishing pad then use klasse sealant and then the wax, that should get the majority out
    Thanks very much for helping me.At what point i have to start worrying about the level of the clear coat?

Thread Information