Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion a persons name does not give them credibility and i think it is not going to make me respect anyone more (or less) if i know there name. I however dont understand why you would feel the need to remain nameless. I have given enough info on myself, including my name my address my email... i think i would give anyone on this forum just about anything regarding myself short of my social. I think that everyone on here is buying into the dont give any personal information out on the web because you never know whos a pedophile crap.

,Daniel
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    I think that everyone on here is buying into the dont give any personal information out on the web because you never know whos a pedophile crap.

Just to give this a bit broader perspective, there are quite a few of us on here who don`t have to worry about being molested by a pedophile, so that`s really not a factor when deciding whether to be "nameless".

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll add that while there is no name in my sig, a quick PM to me requesting my info would get you all that you need to get in touch with me. I talk to *several* of the members here on a regular basis. Some of us share or evaluate the latest hype from time to time and even just talk on a personal level. From my career years I know better than to share *more than you need* to have a conversation with me. If that`s not enough for you then motor on and ignore what I have to say. It wont change my day at all.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    yea i was somewhat joking... but its interesting that for a kid that is at risk of that to give out all that i have and be perfectly fine. Whats yall`s excuse? lol
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    baseballover1- There are truly innumerable security issues that can factor in with regard to people putting personal info on the `net. Some of us go through life on a need-to-know basis, and people viewing this stuff online don`t need to know. Hey, I don`t give my full name to strangers I meet in bars/etc. either.

Having a pro demonstrate a "simulated criminal inquiry" can be interesting, informative, and downright scary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    baseballover1- There are truly innumerable security issues that can factor in with regard to people putting personal info on the `net. Some of us go through life on a need-to-know basis, and people viewing this stuff online don`t need to know. Hey, I don`t give my full name to strangers I meet in bars/etc. either.

Having a pro demonstrate a "simulated criminal inquiry" can be interesting, informative, and downright scary.

Baseballover1 - DON`T LISTEN TO THIS ACCUMULATOR GUY.

Never mind his nearly 18,000 posts on here. He is clearly not trustworthy because he doesn`t have his name posted here. :nervous: Crap! You can`t believe me either, because I don`t have mine on here either. It is utter chaos in here, people running around without names. I`m outta here! :bolt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcc
    Baseballover1 - DON`T LISTEN TO THIS ACCUMULATOR GUY. Never mind his nearly 18,000 posts on here. He is clearly not trustworthy because he doesn`t have his name posted here.

Daniel,

This Mobile Car Care guy is onto something. Especially with his choice of the words; not trustworthy.

Not trustworthy. And all the while we were being led to believe the real reason why some members who post in the Professional Detailers Forum have chosen not reveal either their name or any other identity was because of internet security. Internet security. Even the moderator of this forum said; That`s the nature of the Internet, like it or not.

Well, the power of the internet works both ways. Case in point. In about a minutes time I easily discovered that one our nameless professionals who has been rather vocal on this topic, so vocal that one of his personal attack posts had to be removed by the moderator, clearly shows not only his name on another site, but his location, phone number, business name and email address. Talk about internet security. In this case, I think it is more a matter of not being trustworthy.

Since this is considered to be a professional detailers forum, I think we owe it to everyone involved in posting in this forum to be trustworthy. That is the least we can do as professionals. After all, being trustworthy is what our communications with each other should be built upon.

Last post on the subject from;

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s about time this thread was closed, don`t you?

Post Thanks / Like
    :aww: man I think I`m getting a headache

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman
    Daniel,

This Mobile Car Care guy is onto something. Especially with his choice of the words; not trustworthy.

Not trustworthy. And all the while we were being led to believe the real reason why some members who post in the Professional Detailers Forum have chosen not reveal either their name or any other identity was because of internet security. Internet security. Even the moderator of this forum said; That`s the nature of the Internet, like it or not.

Well, the power of the internet works both ways. Case in point. In about a minutes time I easily discovered that one our nameless professionals who has been rather vocal on this topic, so vocal that one of his personal attack posts had to be removed by the moderator, clearly shows not only his name on another site, but his location, phone number, business name and email address. Talk about internet security. In this case, I think it is more a matter of not being trustworthy.

Since this is considered to be a professional detailers forum, I think we owe it to everyone involved in posting in this forum to be trustworthy. That is the least we can do as professionals. After all, being trustworthy is what our communications with each other should be built upon.

Last post on the subject from;

Unless you are a customer of someone on here, there is no reason to need trust and no way to betray trust. If you are in fact purchasing products or service of some type from someone, I agree completely that names of both parties should be disclosed to each other.

However, if you are talking about merely exchanging information, I fail to see the significance of the person`s name. You can not be scammed and if you`re afraid that you`ll be "scammed" by reading false information, I don`t think anybody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read (and believe) all information that is posted in the forum. It seems like if you have such an name issue, then you`d be better served by not reading any topics created by a nameless person.

Personally, I find you scarier than the nameless people on the forum. The mere fact that you want the personal information of everybody on the forum is A LOT more sketchy and un-trustworthy-feeling to me than someone who chooses not to disclose their personal info in order to exchange information.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Frank was initially concerned about giving his advice to a nameless person; which I can understand. With the Internet, everybody wants something easily and for free; that includes music and information etc. Many people post on the the professional forum seeking easy and free advice on how to start a detailing business. I think all Frank was saying is he would like to associate a name to the person he is passing this valuable information on to. After all, he has spent many years acquiring the information he provides. Honestly, I can not understand why someone would decide to do something as major as starting a business, and think they can get all the answers from one or two threads.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcc
    ... DON`T LISTEN TO THIS ACCUMULATOR GUY.

Never mind his nearly 18,000 posts on here. He is clearly not trustworthy because he doesn`t have his name posted here...

Heh heh, yeah...I frequently warn people that I`m "just a semi-anonymous poster on an internet forum" as a way to reality-check them about this whole subject

Said warning usually comes right before the part where I encourage them to post back with feedback regarding my advice, both pro and con.

My encouraging people to post about how well my advice *works for them* seems like a simple way to ensure that everyone here knows how worthy of trust my postings are. And when I hear that something *didn`t* work out, I can try to figure out *why* and perhaps give different advice in the future.

If I were a pro who was soliciting a detailing job, I`d just refer the prospect to reputable people who`ve seen my work first-hand, like somebody who wouldn`t jeopardize his reputation to keep me happy (e.g., a senior concours judge).

To me, it`s really all about what people see in person with their own eyes and experience first-hand. Everything else is a matter of trust and the risky business of making assumptions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    .. With the Internet, everybody wants something easily and for free; that includes music and information etc....

Good point, some threads have that "fishing for quick and easy info" feel about them, like responses are gonna end up in some article :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    I think that everyone on here is buying into the dont give any personal information out on the web because you never know whos a pedophile crap.

,Daniel

Daniel, does that mean when you`re home alone you don`t want me to bring over some beer and pizza so we can "chill"? We were just going to talk and do what good friends do. I swear, I just look older for my age but I`m really 15 also! I only have a beard because I come from a hairy family. Hope we can still kick it sometime, bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    Daniel, does that mean when you`re home alone you don`t want me to bring over some beer and pizza so we can "chill"? We were just going to talk and do what good friends do. I swear, I just look older for my age but I`m really 15 also! I only have a beard because I come from a hairy family. Hope we can still kick it sometime, bro.

Pedobear alert!

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information