Quote Originally Posted by ramtough
    Nobody asked you.Dont like see ya.

Who are you talking to?:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    "Please stand and tell us a little about yourself"

"My name is Mark and i am addicted to detailing"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    We all know your name Frank, but you also don`t use clay or any buffers (at least last I`ve heard) and very rarely offer `real` detailing advice. Mostly you give really good business operation advice and it is appreciated. I know what kind of a businessman you are but I really have no idea what kind of a detailer you actually are.

:spit: :woot: :funnypost :thx

I should of picked a different screen name. I feel left out.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    Frank: I`m with ya.

Call me naieve, but I treat the boards as I would treat folks in person. No modified personality or anonymous identity. Never saw the "risk" in posting my actual name.

Hey Sean,

Thanks for checking in. I truely appreciate the fact that you are willing to come forward and let us know that you like treating people on the forum much the same as you would treat people in person.

As you know, like you I have been posting on the Professional Detailers Forum for a number of years. And during that time every once in a while I have thought about and wondered why some people go nameless, without even identifying their business name. While others like myself, you and people like Jimmy Buffit and Brad Will remain open and free to let others know who we are.

The reason why I decided to post this no name professional detailers topic at this time has to do with a recent reply I posted in another thread on the pro forum about Pros: How did you start out? Although I had taken considerable time to write up a thorough account of how I had first started out in the detailing business, I immediately realized that the person I was actually talking to was nameless. So the thought came to me; why am I wasting my time explaining in detail how I got started in business when this person has chosen to remain nameless? It just did not make any sense to me then and it still does not make any sense to me now. Anyway, this thread about no name pros resulted from that situation. And yes, I did delete my post about how I got started when that same person disclosed that he had chosen to go nameless due to a `combination of being a rookie and internet security`. Hey, once I was told that directly from him, deleting my post about how I got started was an easy choice for me to make. Hey, I had no clue as to who I was talking to. What was the point of me trying to communicate with a nameless person?

Sean, although I have never actually met you in person, the fact that I have talked with you on the forum is more than enough for me to consider you as a friend. Hey, just like others on this forum, we all have something in common and over time we would like to think that we can treat each other much the same as we would treat each other if we were meeting each other in person. After all, there should be no mystery as to who we are. Let`s face it, I have hundreds of friends who are also in the detailing business and they would not be my friend if they had chosen to remain nameless. No chance.

In summary, the whole thing about why some people go nameless just seems a bit unreal. Anyway, I am not sure where all of this is going to lead. I mean, what is the point of talking with people when they do not even care enough to give you their name? How would that work in real face to face life?

Hey, thanks again and keep up the good work!

Your friend,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman

In summary, the whole thing about why some people go nameless just seems a bit unreal. Anyway, I am not sure where all of this is going to lead. I mean, what is the point of talking with people when they do not even care enough to give you their name? How would that work in real face to face life?

Hey, thanks again and keep up the good work!

Your friend,

Finally, something I can agree with you on. This is quite unreal, maybe even ridiculous. This seems quite childish, you only replying to people that provide you their name and agree with you. It is like when kids will say to another kid that they are annoyed with for some reason, "I can`t heeearrrrr yoouuuuu". Very childish. "I`m not talking to you if you don`t give me your name"

Maybe people do not give you their name, not because they don`t care, but because they do care, for their own reasons. Oh, and just so you know, this isn`t face to face discussion like in real life. This is an internet message board. Most of us are not, nor will ever be friends, and if my definition of friends is so broad as to include everyone on message boards that I may ever discuss things with without ever meeting or really getting to know them, then I have pretty low expectations of "friends".

Post Thanks / Like

So the thought came to me; why am I wasting my time explaining in detail how I got started in business when this person has chosen to remain nameless? It just did not make any sense to me then and it still does not make any sense to me now... Hey, I had no clue as to who I was talking to. What was the point of me trying to communicate with a nameless person?

IMO, if that is how you approach communicating on internet forums, you`d better give up now, because you NEVER have any clue who you are talking to, name or not.

Sean, although I have never actually met you in person, the fact that I have talked with you on the forum is more than enough for me to consider you as a friend. Hey, just like others on this forum, we all have something in common and over time we would like to think that we can treat each other much the same as we would treat each other if we were meeting each other in person. After all, there should be no mystery as to who we are.

Again, IMO, you really know NOTHING about a person from communicating in a venue such as this. Anyone who has ever done online dating knows the absolute truth of that! :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually thought this was detailing site not dating. I see a lot of first names and company names. run company on net find name of owner that easy anyway why hide it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    IMO, if that is how you approach communicating on internet forums, you`d better give up now, because you NEVER have any clue who you are talking to, name or not. Again, IMO, you really know NOTHING about a person from communicating in a venue such as this. Anyone who has ever done online dating knows the absolute truth of that! :chuckle:

Sounds like another no value opinion from another nameless person.

Is this the ideal nameless name or what?

SETEC ASTRONOMY

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like another no value opinion from another nameless person.

Is this the ideal nameless name or what?

SETEC ASTRONOMY

Thank you so much! I know that I truly value your opinion more due to your picture in your avatar and your name in your sig

PS Is that really your picture? Because I can tell so much about you just from the way you look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank, sounds like you really need a vacation. Worrying about peoples names on an Internet message board isn`t good for your health.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I still cant see why this thread is still going. Who the crap cares what everyones names are? Unless you are going to hire me for a job, nobody on this forum needs to know my name. And if you are going to hire me for a job, then you can PM me for my name.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see how a name on the net is going to make their professional credit any more or less. To be honest you should take 90% of what you read online with a grain of salt. I mean I could be John Doe and own a franchise of detailing shops and really be Jane Doe who takes their own car through car washes once every 2 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish people gave their locations. :chuckle: :chuckle:

I also treat everyone with respect, name or no name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.....here you go.

My name is Frank Canna and I`ve been detailing for 22 years. (joke btw)

It`s ridiculous that you would give someone more respect for disclosing their name when they can just as easily give you a fake name (as above).

Here`s a question. You walk up to a detailer using a rotary on a F430 and getting incredibly amazing results in the paint finish......the caliber you rarely see from a detailer. You won`t give him credit and respect for being a great detailer unless he turns off the rotary and tells you his name? You`re ridiculous. Actions speak louder than words. Results speak louder than names.....period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    Frank: I`m with ya.

Call me naieve, but I treat the boards as I would treat folks in person. No modified personality or anonymous identity. Never saw the "risk" in posting my actual name.

Not trying to pick on ya but after having posted what you did your real name is nowhere to be found in either your user name, signature, or profile...

This thread is *getting* quite rediculous. Forums like these are about the spread of information, not so much the promotion of our businesses. The internet is a wonderful tool for information seekers and theives alike. Remaining anonymous is a personal choice that neither adds to or subtracts from the credibility of a user. The substance of the posts does that alone. Just like in real life if you want to get to know someone you`ll spend the time to do so, as we all know prejudging someone by their front rarely tells the whole story.

FWIW I am quite positive that none of my 1300 customers have ever heard of any of the more popular posters on these boards.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information