Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fall into the "weekend warrior" segment of detailing.

Every once in a while you get someone who posts here looking for a "pro detailer" to detail their cars...

I liken a lot of them to the "price shoppers" that freak out at what it will cost when "the can get it done for $$ at the local "swirl-o-matic" car wash and detail center. :cooleek:

Professionalism isn`t your real name on a website... it`s an attitude.

On this forum, I go by DaGonz. It`s a variation of a nickname that I got when I got on the Fire Department back in 1981. My prior screenname was my nickname and original employee number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman
    Okay, a guy walks in a bar, sits down and strikes up a conversation with another guy about starting a detailing business....

Heh heh, ah, bars...where stupid people get in stupid situations by doing stupid things with other stupid people. Hey, that sounds like a more immediately serious version of an internet forum!

Actually, I like the bar analogy, and I`ll put a finer point on it: Autopia is like a *cop* bar. If a civilian wannabe goes into a cop bar and acts like he`s a LEO, it won`t take very long for the *real* LEOs to figure out that he`s a poseur. And if you *can`t* tell the real from the bogus, you`d better be especially careful lest you be deceived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Actually, I like the bar analogy, and I`ll put a finer point on it: Autopia is like a *cop* bar. If a civilian wannabe goes into a cop bar and acts like he`s a LEO, it won`t take very long for the *real* LEOs to figure out that he`s a poseur. And if you *can`t* tell the real from the bogus, you`d better be especially careful lest you be deceived.

Couldn`t have said it better myself. Even if one gives a name, are they telling the truth?? They`ll find out your name when they contact you and they usually contact you because they see your *WORK*.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Heh heh, ah, bars...where stupid people get in stupid situations by doing stupid things with other stupid people. Hey, that sounds like a more immediately serious version of an internet forum!

Excellent analogy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be obvious my first name is Scott. I keep my last name off internet forums (can`t be too careful about identity theft) but anyone who gets an e-mail from me would know my last name as well.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman

Why would a no name professional detailer go nameless on this forum and at the same time expect others to take what they are saying seriously. Where is the credibility in remaining nameless?

We all know your name Frank, but you also don`t use clay or any buffers (at least last I`ve heard) and very rarely offer `real` detailing advice. Mostly you give really good business operation advice and it is appreciated. I know what kind of a businessman you are but I really have no idea what kind of a detailer you actually are.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    We all know your name Frank, but you also don`t use clay or any buffers (at least last I`ve heard) and very rarely offer `real` detailing advice. Mostly you give really good business operation advice and it is appreciated. I know what kind of a businessman you are but I really have no idea what kind of a detailer you actually are.

Excellent post!:dance
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    moderator tortoiseawd,

Have you noticed the direction of the replies since your post? Maybe you can be serious long enough to either post your view on the subject or kindly remove your comedy?

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone that cares my name is Kent and detailed reflections is the business im trying to grow.

Post Thanks / Like
    C`mon Tort, you going to take that crap? Seriously, this thread is a laugh, Thanks

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell is all this about?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail
    What the hell is all this about?

Read my post on page 2. As JuneBug said, this thread is a joke.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody asked you.Dont like see ya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank: I`m with ya.

Call me naieve, but I treat the boards as I would treat folks in person. No modified personality or anonymous identity. Never saw the "risk" in posting my actual name.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    Read my post on page 2. As JuneBug said, this thread is a joke.

Oh, I see. Thanks for bringing me up to speed! So is this a meet and greet or was he just mad. I like to make new friends to collaborate with! I`m Chris, nice to meet you all.:usa :bolt

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information