Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok boys, just got off the phone with my dad who thinks my prices are outrages. Can you guys give me some feedback?

Package 1:

Wash

Clay

KSG or z5

Vaccum/wipedown interior

Package 2:

Wash

Clay

Menzerna SIP

Menzerna 106 (or ZPC)

(basically full correction)

z6

z2

z6

z2

z8

Vaccum

extract

treat and clean leathers

303 surfaces

-starts at 300

I probably left out a few steps because im pretty heated right now... dads taking his frustrations out on me!... sometimes i want to tell him to F*uck off... as ive done before... not too smart either.

Thanks for the help guys! Any questions commnets are greatly apreciated... and i have no problem with lowering my prices!

Should i throw an AIO like ZAIO or KAIO in on the 1st package?
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey if you can get those prices than thats awesome, more importantly if your quality of work and customer service matches those prices then is sounds good to me.

Regardless of what your steps are or products used as long as everything is explained to the cutomer before (what can and cant be done for a given price); then the car is looked over after and meets or exceeds the customers expectations then sky is the limit on price.
    Located East Central Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to be a downer but stereotypes are a BITXX

You are going to have to really prove yourself many times before someone forks out that kind of money for your age.
    2008 Nissan Titan, 2005 Nissan Altima, 1993 Honda Accord Wagon, 1992 Honda Accord Wagon, 1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    asleepz... i dont want to seem edgy but lets keep my age out of the equation here.

And by the sound of it i need to lower my prices, i have no problem with that!

How about 250 instead of 300 and 75 instead of 100?
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Where I live, that`d be the high end of deals. I usually charge about 80 for the equivalent of your package one and I`ve had to sell that price plenty of times to unbelievers.
    2008 Nissan Titan, 2005 Nissan Altima, 1993 Honda Accord Wagon, 1992 Honda Accord Wagon, 1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    80 dollars for full correction?!?!?!?! THAT SUX!
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    If people are worried about your age, start a portfolio. My advice is to try and keep a minimum price, say the $100 package as stated. Fine tune it with an AIO if you want but keep the price up.

As far as your complete package make sure you are cleaning engine and trunk too. A black swirled car and a white swirled car are two different things. So they would be different prices. Starting at $249 sounds better, more for black.

Post Thanks / Like
    yepp... the trunk is included however ive never detailed an engine... i know i know... im bad! but it seems pretty hard! covering up things with foil and such!
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t make the mistake of selling a "deswirl" package at a set price.

I will tell you from experience that I just finished polishing out an 89 Ferrari Mondial with SS paint that took me roughly 4 1/2 hours (just polishing) and then finished out a restored show car 56 Chevy Bel Air that took me over 18 hours just in the paint polishing due to the very hard clear coat it had.

Could you imagine charging someone $300 for an 18 hour job?

No two cars are alike and they should not be treated that way.

Also, why don`t you have an inbetween process?

For example:

Wash, clay, seal, interior = $100

Wash, clay, polish via PC, seal, interior = $200

Wash, clay, polish via rotary, then polish via PC, seal interior = $300

Just a thought..:nixweiss
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salty
    If people are worried about your age, start a portfolio. My advice is to try and keep a minimum price, say the $100 package as stated. Fine tune it with an AIO if you want but keep the price up.

As far as your complete package make sure you are cleaning engine and trunk too. A black swirled car and a white swirled car are two different things. So they would be different prices. Starting at $249 sounds better, more for black.

Excellent point, I have no problem with your age Daniel, but someone dropping off there $100,000 MB S550 for 8 hours might, so get a nice photo album and calender/organizer and get some good size before and afters as well as some real nice high end or exotics you`ve worked on and carry it around when you start driving and such....

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    asleepz... i dont want to seem edgy but lets keep my age out of the equation here.

And by the sound of it i need to lower my prices, i have no problem with that!

How about 250 instead of 300 and 75 instead of 100?

Your prices should be set by the quality of your work and the demand of your customers, Your dad`s opinion is irrelevant and so is your age. My parents kept me down for years in the family business, they still offer and endless unsolicited advice. Truth is it would be nice to have the support of the ones you love, but I`ve learned that I have to satisfy myself and not react to others opinions. Opinions are like @ss Ho***, everyone has one and they usually stink. JMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are really good at what you do, teach your father all your steps in the process. Educate him on choosing correct product and tools and make him spend the money on the products... have him go through each of your packages making him choose and explain why. When you`re done and hes put in 100% effort into the car, the marketing and learning aside from everything else, then ask him if your prices are outrageous...

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I`m a little confused here, what does any of this have to do with his father??

He said his dad was taking his frustrations out on him, but he didn`t say it was about detailing? He could have just had a bad day at work or whatever?

Daniel, dispite what others are saying, you should listen to your parents, no one else will love you more then they will and they have your best interests at heart, but when you become old enough you will have to start making decisions for yourself, until then, make them proud by being honest, making good grades, listening when they talk and doing what they say.......if you do those things you may find them supporting your goals and interested no matter what. (go ahead and ask me how I know):grinno: :2thumbs:

Sorry for the lecture, but it is the truth.:sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    As has already been stated. Never undersell your product/service. I`ve done it too many times and come back to kick myself for doing so all because I thought I`d lose the customer. If you have the level of quality that can demand the price then charge for it, if you don`t, don`t even think about it because word will spread that you`re doing a half assed job and it`ll really hurt your reputation. As far as a portfolio, it`s a great idea, get one going. I personally have a nice leather bound portfolio with ~40 before and after pictures of the higher end cars that I`ve done including some interior before and afters and engines. It helps people make their decision, but some people can`t be won over until you prove it with your work. Let your work speak for itself, set a hourly rate and try and give estimates accordingly. Sorry, this post got longer than I expected. I`ve been in your shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    Don`t make the mistake of selling a "deswirl" package at a set price.

I will tell you from experience that I just finished polishing out an 89 Ferrari Mondial with SS paint that took me roughly 4 1/2 hours (just polishing) and then finished out a restored show car 56 Chevy Bel Air that took me over 18 hours just in the paint polishing due to the very hard clear coat it had.

Could you imagine charging someone $300 for an 18 hour job?

No two cars are alike and they should not be treated that way.

Also, why don`t you have an inbetween process?

For example:

Wash, clay, seal, interior = $100

Wash, clay, polish via PC, seal, interior = $200

Wash, clay, polish via rotary, then polish via PC, seal interior = $300

Just a thought..:nixweiss

GREAT IDEA! I am liking the sound of that! Maybe even knock it down 25 bucks on all of em but i like it!... What would you recomend i use on with the PC?
    Daniel J Wendell

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information