Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh, Thanks for sticking up for me and it really makes me feel good however if people are going to get banned for this i dont want you or todd or even the a$$es trying to help me in it.

Congrats about you giving a few lessons to pros. About a year ago i found a twins (the pro baseball team) scout at my practises, he wasnt just there for me but he was there writing my name on his clip board. Then i pulled a few ligaments (or something, im not exactly sure i was a little emotional at that moment of my baseball career being over) and i was done with my AAU team, done with my school Varsity team and done with everything baseball.

Dont even talk to me about how i threw around our financial end of it! I did no such thing. All i said was that i would get some money from my family who yes does have some money. If i really wanted to put my financials out there i would have said at 1 point my grandfather (the smartest business man i will ever know) was making 5,000 a day... without doing ANYTHING. Literally, anything. All he did was walk around his bingo place and shake hands and eat.

I have to go to school right now but when i get back there is no doubt that i want to continue this discussion. And if you are going to call me an idiot or anything please PM me, as much as i dont like it i dont want you guys banned because you do help me a lot.

,Daniel
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Point taken JoshVette! It sounds much different then I meant it.

But seriously, are you not a little old to be using "Dude"? I never questioned his detailing capabilities or time spent on this forum. I admire his ambition. JoshVette, again, you have a wonderful day. Hope there are no hard feelings by anyone reading this thread.

Daniel, sorry to hear about your injury, sports is a great past time.

THE END OF THIS THREAD FOR ME!:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    As people with a similar interest in automobile detailing, it should be our differences that pull us together, not push us apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by driving impress
    Point taken! It sounds much different then I meant it.

But seriously, are you not a little old to be using "Dude"? I never questioned his detailing capabilities or time spent on this forum. I admire his ambition. JoshVette, again, you have a wonderful day. Hope there are no hard feelings by anyone reading this thread.

THE END OF THIS THREAD FOR ME!:heelclick

I like the word dude, I don`t use it in person though.

So how old do you think I am? :grinno:

Thanks for clarifing your intentions in this whole matter, I can respect that. Most just get on, bully around, then get off and never make amends.

No hard feelings.

Thanks,

Josh

BTW, Daniel, getting on here after people say you`re bragging about money, and then actually talking about how much your family makes in a day??? That WOULD be considered bragging even if you`re not meaning too, general rule of thumb in the world, never talk about how much money you or anyone else makes...ever.. just fyi.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I am disappointed with the way this, and other threads have ended up. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I do not see the point of arguing back and forth like we are in high school. No one will benefit from the argument.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to play this game Sim City a lot as a younger kid and the objective of the game is to start your own town. The earlier versions of the game were more simplistic, while the newest ones have planning for subways, water lines, etc..

So when I would play, I was always so eager to make the city huge that I would plan out elaborate road ways, rail systems, and any zoning would be for high density development (commercial, industrial, residential). Of course, high density zoning costs more than low density (rural) land, so I ended up spending all my money pretty fast and would have to eventually raise taxes to support public works. (the residents didn`t like that too much)

I can`t say I ever successfully built a city using that route initially. Heck, the best cities I ever had started out as farms, gas stations, and factories with a single PD and FD for fairly large coverage area. From what I recall, the best city I ever built was predominantly low to medium density residential areas, lots of industrial, and very few commercial areas. I would throw in high density zoning when demand was high and I had little land to work with. It probably took me a month of playing a few hours a day to get the city up to a "metropolis" classification, but by then it looked like a real city with some areas that didn`t do so well, and others that flourished. It was frustrating that I had to start out so small at first, but it gave me room to recognize trends and to basically adjust for mistakes (bulldozing was $1, but you lost the value of what you bulldozed). I guess that explains why near the end of my building activities, I pretty much knew the best ways to zone land and how to best utilize rail systems to eliminate traffic problems.

Did I mention how much pollution an airport generates? I must have spent at least a million on putting parks near it to absorb the pollution (which was also a lot of land I couldn`t really use for further zoning).
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    lol AWESOME analogy, never would of thought of that one.
    2008 Nissan Titan, 2005 Nissan Altima, 1993 Honda Accord Wagon, 1992 Honda Accord Wagon, 1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette

BTW, Daniel, getting on here after people say you`re bragging about money, and then actually talking about how much your family makes in a day??? That WOULD be considered bragging even if you`re not meaning too, general rule of thumb in the world, never talk about how much money you or anyone else makes...ever.. just fyi.

Yea you are very right an looking back on it, it wasnt good. I was just trying to say that if i was trying to brag thats what i would have said. I can be an idiot and not think sometimes! Especially when i just woke up! Atleast i had a 2 hour delay!!

O and BTW guys... the building might have been either postponed 8 more weeks or so or demolished. The owner died and his estate is being divided out.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    Yea you are very right an looking back on it, it wasnt good. I was just trying to say that if i was trying to brag thats what i would have said. I can be an idiot and not think sometimes! Especially when i just woke up! Atleast i had a 2 hour delay!!

It`s all good, I know what you meant, however a few others probably don`t....:faint:
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in New Castle, VA (Roanoke) and I look forward to seeing this storage/detail business. I find it hard to believe that you will be able to store cars (besides being an impound yard) for a profit but I am curious. Do you correct paint with a Rotary or DA? I have been reading your posts on here for awhile out of curiosity since you are in my area. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    You live in new castle? Is this near fin castle? and storing for a prophet is def a prophetable business.... youve heard of self storage units right? Mine will be just like that but i prefer cars... i will take any business i can get but i prefer cars. And right down the street from the place ide do this is a place that would be almost the exact same as my business... I use rotary. And thanks for the luck!

,Daniel
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you storing cars for Nostradamus? He was a prophet. Yoda would be another good customer. I don`t know if he drives anywhere, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boogiejoe
    Yoda would be another good customer. I don`t know if he drives anywhere, though.

Yoda wasn`t a prophet, he was a...well...a little green guy. He definitely doesn`t have anything to store because a guy like him carries around no baggage.

I would have to question the wisdom of opening a business right down the street from a business that does the exact same thing as my proposed business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Yoda wasn`t a prophet, he was a...well...a little green guy. He definitely doesn`t have anything to store because a guy like him carries around no baggage.

I would have to question the wisdom of opening a business right down the street from a business that does the exact same thing as my proposed business.

Maybe he keeps it all in storage? I`m sure people send him gifts and stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy

Yes, you are right however my business is going to be better. He is 100% full all the time. I already have let 1 of his customers know that i might be storing cars and they would probably be switching to me. He isnt the best guy to deal with... on top of that... he has shown some of his potential customers what is in some of the bays (probably a privacy law against that). My detailing will be better because he goes for quantity, where i go for quality... he couldnt even remove deep waterspots.

I know it will be hard the 1st and 2nd year... but i think that i can fight through it and come out in the green.
    Daniel J Wendell

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information