Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh brother.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    O ok, is that how i work. Because you know me inside and out since before (at earliest) you heard my name on or before september 2007.

So just out of curiosity do you own a successful detailing business or any successful business at all. Not meant to be a smart a$$ response, just wondering.

Yes, I was introduced to this internet thing in September. I`m done with this. Don`t chap your lips on those teats. PM me if you have anything to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    IBTL......

And this is what happens when you deal with a irrational 14 year old. Have fun, we`re all just trying to strap you into the reality of most people. As you stated before though you must be better than everyone else and have much more determination than most if not all entrepreneurs that ever existed. BTW, convince your rich family to invest the 240K needed instead of going into debt. If your family is indeed that rich and has the money experience they know that you`d be better off and they know where the money is.

I`m done with this one!
    2008 Nissan Titan, 2005 Nissan Altima, 1993 Honda Accord Wagon, 1992 Honda Accord Wagon, 1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    :doh I feel like we`ve been in this situation before.......
    2013 Mazda 3 Skyactiv Sedan

2005 Mazda 3 2.3 Sportback

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    ... like i said detailing would not be the money that would pay off my bills, it would be storage. Detailing is just extra money. And i cant get a client base for storing cars without having a place to do it. I know that if i can detail a couple cars per month+the storage business i will be in the green pretty quick. The model that i showed earlier (the one where i calculated the money) was entirely storing cars. I can see it would be hard to get people initially for the storing business. I will be advertising in the local Porsche Club magazine, the corvette club, along with the newspaper and possible on TV (yes i know the costs for all of these).

Daniel,

Once again, it looks like NJ has a place just like you have been trying to describe. When this place first started out years ago much of the detailing of cars was done on location. Now, the place has expanded to include an adjacent detailing shop next door. Looks pretty much like what you are talking about. With the prices they cahrge for storage, I am sure that more than pays for their overall expenses. Looks like a good business plan to me. Check it out and let me know what you think. Have fun!

Antique Auto & Classic Car Storage

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel,

I did a little research for you and found a link to the VA Self Storage Association. Looks like plenty of good information.

Self Storage Association

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel,

I have the opportunity to be a stay at home Dad, and take great pride in the way my son is turning out so far (3.5 years old). I admire your enthusiasm for detailing and wanting to become a business man, BUT if my son becomes as arrogant as you, I will have greatly failed him, my wife and myself. I also own a detailing business, small as it may be, but successful for being a stay at home Dad. I also have instructed some baseball players that have gone onto receive college scholarships to division 3,2 and 1 programs. Some have been signed to professional contracts making more money than you or I will ever dream of, and I can honestly say none of them are one tenth as arrogant as you. You have a great chance to learn from some great detailers and businessmen here on this forum, take advantage of it, don`t get so defensive and start throwing around how much money your family has. Learn and enjoy the experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must of have missed a lot of this thread...

I support you Daniel, let the haters hate...

Post Thanks / Like
    I support him also. All I`m saying is to be humble and learn, not everytime someone makes a comment that he does not like, throw how much money his family has in their face. I think it is great to have a 14 year old with dreams like that and working to make them come true. Most kids now days want everything handed to them, like we owe them something. I wish Daniel nothing but the best in his business adventure, just remember to listen and learn from the experienced people here on this forum. And if he hears something he does not like, do not get defensive, take it in stride. I`m sure there are alot of `haters` out there, but sometimes they also have useful advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man you guys are unreal, attacking him because of his age and then calling him arrogant because he`s trying to stand up for himself and prove himself because of all you haters.

Driving Impression, you say you would have failed your son if he`s arrogant....get off it already, you`re no superhero, so what would you do if a bunch of old jealous guys attacked your son for being smarter they they were at that age? :har:

He`s not bragging about his families finances, he`s simply answering your questions.

I love how all you hater`s force his hand and then get mad cause his cards are better then yours.

What a bunch of bullies.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    Man you guys are unreal, attacking him because of his age and then calling him arrogant because he`s trying to stand up for himself and prove himself because of all you haters.

Driving Impression, you say you would have failed your son if he`s arrogant....get off it already, you`re no superhero, so what would you do if a bunch of old jealous guys attacked your son for being smarter they they were at that age? :har:

He`s not bragging about his families finances, he`s simply answering your questions.

I love how all you hater`s force his hand and then get mad cause his cards are better then yours.

What a bunch of bullies.

+1 although I did breeze through the thread... I hope my son has as much ambition as Daniel does when he is 14... I also hope that he defends himself and believes in himself when more experienced people tell him he cannot do something.

"Those who can, will.... Those who cannot will tell you why you won`t"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by driving impress
    I support him also. All I`m saying is to be humble and learn, not everytime someone makes a comment that he does not like, throw how much money his family has in their face. I think it is great to have a 14 year old with dreams like that and working to make them come true. Most kids now days want everything handed to them, like we owe them something. I wish Daniel nothing but the best in his business adventure, just remember to listen and learn from the experienced people here on this forum. And if he hears something he does not like, do not get defensive, take it in stride. I`m sure there are alot of `haters` out there, but sometimes they also have useful advise.

Calling someone arrogant and accusing them of bragging about their families finances is not useful advise.

How are you not going to get defensive when someone says you`re too young, or too old, or too arrogant or whatever?? Those are personal attacks (which according to the forum rules are supposed to be outlawed) but they will be taken personally.

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, I just stated I wish him nothing but the best, all I`m saying to Daniel is to learn from those who have experience here on this forum. And to be humble, you will get alot more from life being humble than arrogant. Never said I was a superhero, just want my son to grow up being humble. Being thankful for what he has, has achieved and to work hard at whatever he chooses. DANIEL, BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel,

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!

Keep your enthusiasm and keep working hard. I didn`t mean to "attack"you, sorry if you took it the way JoshVette did.

JoshVette, have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by driving impress
    Daniel,

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!

Keep your enthusiasm and keep working hard. I didn`t mean to "attack"you, sorry if you took it the way JoshVette did.

JoshVette, have a wonderful day!

Dude, Daniels been on this forum a lot longer then you and has enough experience to put quite a few of the so called detailers on this board to shame.

Now you try to act all innocent like you didn`t mean anything by it......like let`s just run over the kid in your SUV but act like it`s okay cause you didn`t really mean it. You like to hit and run which is exactly what you`re doing now by saying your harsh 2 cents then all appologizing and thinking it`s okay now.

As a FATHER you should know how powerful words can be so you should watch what you say a bit more closely.

You say you didn`t attack him, but here`s your actual words.

"BUT if my son becomes as arrogant as you, I will have greatly failed him, my wife and myself..... I can honestly say none of them are one tenth as arrogant as you.....

don`t get so defensive and start throwing around how much money your family has."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information