Post Thanks / Like
    I think using this material is important, especially if you keep the car for a while and/or drive it a lot on the highways. I didn`t think it was before, but with new cars, it seems as if the paints/clears on the soft bumpers and hoods are becoming notorious for pitting from road debris even after a few months. My Honda Civic (company car), which is 2 months old and already has 13k miles on it is practically destroyed after my highway driving.

I`m thinking of becoming an authorized 3M/Invisishield installer and wonder if it really will be worth it? How many people really invest it this? I would be the only installer that I know of in this area, which has a potential of getting a lot of dealership clientel, but I just want to make sure I`ll get my money`s worth. What do you all think? One of the few times I`ll ask for opinions:chuckle: Thanks in advanced for replies
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked into it as well. There is a thread on here(I`m sure more than one) that I remember they were showing how they did it on one of their clients cars. There where 2 of them and they said it would be virtually impossible with one person, even with 2 people it wasn`t very easy. Could be done but a royal PITA. Like I said I would like to do it but if I did I wouldn`t have a stock of these, I would order when someone wanted it and then schedule something for when it comes in. I`ll try to find that post and if I do I`ll post it up here.

Okay I found this one, not the one I was thinking about but a little info here http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...ling+clear+bra

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. I love how the installer clips show that it`s easy. When I installed one on my Mazda3, the hood wasn`t too bad, but the bumper was a royal pain in the butt! I can see certian vehicles needing 2 people, especially ones that have the varying geometry bumpers/valences.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhadden
    I think using this material is important, especially if you keep the car for a while and/or drive it a lot on the highways. I didn`t think it was before, but with new cars, it seems as if the paints/clears on the soft bumpers and hoods are becoming notorious for pitting from road debris even after a few months. My Honda Civic (company car), which is 2 months old and already has 13k miles on it is practically destroyed after my highway driving.

I`m thinking of becoming an authorized 3M/Invisishield installer and wonder if it really will be worth it? How many people really invest it this? I would be the only installer that I know of in this area, which has a potential of getting a lot of dealership clientel, but I just want to make sure I`ll get my money`s worth. What do you all think? One of the few times I`ll ask for opinions:chuckle: Thanks in advanced for replies

well it depends. i have a C6 that i spent $1,000 on @ 2 miles for protection (4.5 hr install). spent $650 for full protection on my dd CTS (2+- hr install) AND about $300 on my avalanche for front protection (1 hr install). i would be a good client. five of my friends have spent big bucks on same. you say: " it depends on what?" ....finding people like me who will pay for the protection. that should be the easy part! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    WORTH IT. Better cash and less investment than detailing. I outsource mine when a customer requests.

Post Thanks / Like
    See and that`s what I was thinking. It`s a low overhead deal (maybe what, $100 in supplies) and its something else I can offer my customers, or any person that wants only the clear bra install. Fortunately for me, there are some high-line dealerships within 3 miles of my house (BMW, Mecedes, Lexus) and I would imagine most people with these cars would get them installed (or if anything, the dealership would have me install before it hits the showroom). Of course, I would do any vehicle if someone asked me to, it just seems that usually people with econo-cars don`t spend money on things like this.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Jump on it now and ride ti till its dead. You will see the $179.00 clear bra on Hyundais near you before you know it. Some doofus in Ohio is already trying to sell mobile franchises using re-labeled Chinese clear film......joke, I do not know this. but it doesnt sound far off.

You have to love the car business. Whore the hell out of everything until its dead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never realized there was much of a market for it, though. It caught my interest when I found there were no installers in my immediate area (within 30 miles), but that could be because it wasn`t a good seller. I guess it all depends on how you market it and your services. I`ll be using Invisishield or 3M branded stuff...none of the cheap crap.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhadden
    I never realized there was much of a market for it, though. It caught my interest when I found there were no installers in my immediate area (within 30 miles), but that could be because it wasn`t a good seller. I guess it all depends on how you market it and your services. I`ll be using Invisishield or 3M branded stuff...none of the cheap crap.

hey matt,

it`s like alot of things that don`t appeal to the "masses". you don`t hear about them but they are all out there alive and well! the fact that there are no installers in your "area" does not mean that there isn`t a good market for it. i live in fort lauderdale. there are installers in this immediate area HOWEVER, i drove to Boca Raton (30 miles) for the best installer. high line dealers from Miami flat bed cars to him for 3M film. sounds like this area is just waiting FOR YOU. get busy young man .

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s also not the easiest thing to do. I bought a Toureg a while back and the dealer was insisting I buy the clear bra.

The sleazeman said, "The Touregs all get chewed up from rocks and sand. All of the Touregs get the bra instantly at this dealership. We highly recommend it." I bought elsewhere, I didnt like his rap.

If you can train your dealers to rap to the customers, hopefully better that that fool, you have a good formula. Give them a freebie up front and let them see the quick cash and you are in business.

Remember a car salesman makes NOTHING, let them pick up their gross by $300-400 with this clear bra and before you know it every car in their lot will have one. "We highly recommend it".....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    It`s also not the easiest thing to do. I bought a Toureg a while back and the dealer was insisting I buy the clear bra.

The sleazeman said, "The Touregs all get chewed up from rocks and sand. All of the Touregs get the bra instantly at this dealership. We highly recommend it." I bought elsewhere, I didnt like his rap.

If you can train your dealers to rap to the customers, hopefully better that that fool, you have a good formula. Give them a freebie up front and let them see the quick cash and you are in business.

Remember a car salesman makes NOTHING, let them pick up their gross by $300-400 with this clear bra and before you know it every car in their lot will have one. "We highly recommend it".....
    This is why I would speak with a sales manager or overall manager to start...they are going to be the ones that approve or deny doing new cars. If that doesn`t work, its always a word of mouth thing. I`ll make sure I dump off a few extra business cards and let him know about my detailing services as well
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of money to be made, but it`s is extremely skilled work that takes talent and time. What you have to factor in is the film itself whether it`s a precut or if you have a plotter, how CLEAN the area it is for installation, and what other film like services you might want to offer link tints as they are similar.

Thread Information