Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this is not seen as spam. If it is, I apologize. It is operated by a nonprofit group in an attempt to foster education, enlightenment and professionalism in this profession.

Professional Detailers Forum

One does not need to join the National Association of Professional Detailers & Reconditionong (NAPDR) in order to participate in the Forum.

Take a look...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    There is something out there that is much better. It`s still in development, doesn`t cost anything and provides you with much more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boogiejoe
    There is something out there that is much better. It`s still in development, doesn`t cost anything and provides you with much more.

Whats that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I checked this organization out, still sitting on the fence about it......will wait and see how it will benefit me. Still looks to be a NOB site and organzation.....is that true?
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Care to elaborate????
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got something going on, but I don`t want to spam the board with this.

You can check my website under my profile, or if the mods approve I can just post it here.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, gosh, it looks and sounds very promising. I certainly have some interest in anything that promotes our image of professionalism.

12-21-07 03:20

It is not time to decide `better` and `more`. An open mind is a valuable tool. Let`s all just take our time and evaluate the changing community. The January NAPDR meeting in Clearwater might be a big step forward, so we can all go slow and see what`s right for us.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Please feel free to contact me anytime, if you or anyone has any questions.

We have only just begun, so there are tons of possibilities. I have tons of ideas that I think can really help from a business perspective.

You can sign up if you just want a free email address and place to put your home page.

We have been getting free product samples to test and evaluate. I don`t want to post everything we have going on, but I feel it will offer what detailers want and need.

There are a few members that post here quite often. If they chime in, I`m sure you can get an opinion from them.

This is something I really feel that this industry needs, but it has to be done right. Feel free to evaluate both organizations. There are no restrictions either way. The main goal is to create an accurate identity for the detailers already doing business, and to educate anyone else interested in becoming a pro, or furthering their skills.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,

As you know I am a member of the NAPDR and their (our) forum.

It is new but looks very promising.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got something going on, but I don`t want to spam the board with this.

You can check my website under my profile, or if the mods approve I can just post it here.

I don`t see anything under your profile?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can visit my homepage under my profile.

Post Thanks / Like
    What constitutes a ‘professional’?

"Anyone can call themselves a pro. What matters is that your work is of a high quality and that it can stand up against any criticisms. We don’t have a stuffy panel that you have to submit your work in order to join. We choose a few random members to evaluate your results, and if possible send a local member out to verify everything. You will not be scrutinized based upon how you work, where your work, or anything besides your results. We are looking for detailers that really know how to detail. A professional detailer is a detailer that can provide the desired results through knowledge and experience."

(please take this as constructive criticism as I like the idea you have going)

First, I think only those who do this full time can call themselves professionals.....

Second, who`s to say those who evaluate hold the highest standards?? I don`t know of many detailers who hold to the standards I hold my detailing too so how would they qualify?

I only work by hand, do I qualify?

"It is your results, not your methods......"

I also disagree with this statement as it`s too easy for some to use glazes and hide things and for detailers like myself to put 10 hours into a car correcting and making it perfect with no fillers and to be considered as on the same level as the one`s who use glazes to cover up...

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    What constitutes a ‘professional’?

"Anyone can call themselves a pro. What matters is that your work is of a high quality and that it can stand up against any criticisms. We don’t have a stuffy panel that you have to submit your work in order to join. We choose a few random members to evaluate your results, and if possible send a local member out to verify everything. You will not be scrutinized based upon how you work, where your work, or anything besides your results. We are looking for detailers that really know how to detail. A professional detailer is a detailer that can provide the desired results through knowledge and experience."

(please take this as constructive criticism as I like the idea you have going)

First, I think only those who do this full time can call themselves professionals.....

Second, who`s to say those who evaluate hold the highest standards?? I don`t know of many detailers who hold to the standards I hold my detailing too so how would they qualify?

I only work by hand, do I qualify?

"It is your results, not your methods......"

I also disagree with this statement as it`s too easy for some to use glazes and hide things and for detailers like myself to put 10 hours into a car correcting and making it perfect with no fillers and to be considered as on the same level as the one`s who use glazes to cover up...

Josh

There are tons of people who do this full time and their work is crap, are they still professionals?

It does state that you should be able to do an ISO wipe down. However, this is the internet, people lie and alter photos. Thats why I dont care much for pictures, you can tell if someone knows what they`re doing by the advice they give.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Josh completely. I know a lot of pros that would be amazing at thier skills if they wiped the surface with prep-sol, for example. My standards are probably amongst the highest, and I would question anybody who tries to judge my work, since my standards are higher then theirs.

Agree on this account as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    I would question anybody who tries to judge my work,

I judge your workk.... YOU ROCK!!!! lol:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :tribe: :tribe: :lol
    Daniel J Wendell

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information