Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about having a small 1 or 2 page html only, nothing fancy website designed because it wont cost more then 50 bucks for something like that. Even though it is only 50 bucks no point in throwing money away if it does nothing. The only reason I can think of having one is to add to professionalism and show I am serious about my business, and not another college kid with dawn soap and a rag.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you promote it correctly you can`t go wrong. Great place to send potential clients to see examples of your work. The worst thing is going through all the hassel of creating one and then never promoting it.

tripod offers some great easy to customize websites for pretty cheap. You should check them out for a starter site.

Post Thanks / Like
    take a look at mine (click sig)

i have gotten business off of it
    JC-Detail

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    JBs-you are also going to get your sig deleted because of it when the mods see it. Us pros are not allowed to link our sites in any of our posts or in our sigs. The only place you can have it is in your profile.

Back to topic on hand...yes, a website helps. Give someone your card with your website url on it and they can find out more about you-might be enough to pursuade them to use your services vs someone else.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t really have any pictures of other cars I have done besides the cars I own at this point though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad,

Being a mobile or "home garage" detailer means you don`t really have a store front. Think of a website as your store front. You have to educate people why they need to have their car detailed. It`s not just a luxury service, it`s preventative maintenance. People need to understand what exactly detailing means and how much work and time goes into it. From now on, take pictures of all your work. Not having a picture portfolio is like a graphic designer not having a portfolio of their own work. Pictures are a must.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure it does if it is professional and you are able to attract people to it. My direct mail guy says a website is like having a billboard in the desert if you can not attract people to it. For a cheap and easy way to create a decent website check out Costco`s internet hosting service.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Thread Information