Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    is advertising on craigslist effective? has anyone had any good experience with it in the past?

i am planning on putting a few details (not the car ones lol) and prices, then a link to my site.

thanks
    JC-Detail

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything I have seen on CL is full details for 50 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradUF
    Everything I have seen on CL is full details for 50 bucks.

yea, might as well just advertise in the pennysaver ads while youre at it

Post Thanks / Like
    CL is the biggest bargain shopping that is for free. You better be willing give the lowest prices in order to compete with the low ballers.

The only thing I did great with on craigslist was selling heavy equipment
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    CL is the biggest bargain shopping that is for free. You better be willing give the lowest prices in order to compete with the low ballers.

The only thing I did great with on craigslist was selling heavy equipment

Yup, honestly is your work like the work that`s advertised on CL?

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to decide if Craigs list users are your target market. They sure arnt mine.

If your not sure run a few test ads. It is free so you have nothing to lose.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^^ all said and hold true for the majority...but then there are other who understand what detailing is if you talk to them on the phone...

I placed an ad and 2 hours later got a call, talked a bit, set prices, and booked three of their cars for my original prices, not lower ones!

time placing the ad: 10 min

profits: over $600

worth it...yep!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a an ad on there and get lots of emails back. They never complain with price and we have even got multiple of referrals off of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have approximately 275 to 300 cinder blocks for sale. They are standard 8"x8"x16". They cost about $1.75 plus delivery fees if you buy them somewhere else. I`m asking $1.00 per block.

You pick them up and move them yourself.

Please don`t waste my ****ing time with those endless emails. These are plain old cinderblocks, for **** sake. You don`t need to do an engineering study on the feasibility of using these ****ing things as building material. That`s what they`re for, you ****ing idiots. Now listen, we`re all busy people here. You want the blocks? Come get the ****ing blocks and give me 1 dollar for every block you take. How ****ing hard is that? You don`t have to tell me what you`re building. I don`t give a ****. I just want to get these ****ing things off my property. So if you want them, get the the **** over here with some money and take them. The next ****ing moron that emails me with "I`m building a blah blah blah, and was wondering if..." The answer is NO. Come get the ****ing blocks and build it yourself. If I knew how to do masonry, don`t you think I`d be using the blocks myself instead of selling them for half ****ing price? What the **** is wrong with you people? The next one of you ****ing *******es that emails me with some sob-story ******** is getting his email address added to the North American Man/Boy Love Association list.

You want the blocks? Come get the blocks, and don`t **** with me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Craigslist is probably the best return on investment (time and money) among all advertising options.

You can separate yourself from the entry level detailers by:

1. Including a professional looking logo.

2. Providing many before/after photos of your work

3. Providing a picture of your work rig or shop...even yourself.

4. Providing testimonials

5. Posting your ad to the top of the list every day. This is critical--after two days, your ad is buried and ignored.

I know detailers who book $1k - $5k off Craigslist monthly depending on the season.
    APPLIED COLORS

PROFESSIONAL GRADE PAINT TOUCHUP KITS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradUF
    I have approximately 275 to 300 cinder blocks for sale. They are standard 8"x8"x16". They cost about $1.75 plus delivery fees if you buy them somewhere else. I`m asking $1.00 per block.

You pick them up and move them yourself.

Please don`t waste my ****ing time with those endless emails. These are plain old cinderblocks, for **** sake. You don`t need to do an engineering study on the feasibility of using these ****ing things as building material. That`s what they`re for, you ****ing idiots. Now listen, we`re all busy people here. You want the blocks? Come get the ****ing blocks and give me 1 dollar for every block you take. How ****ing hard is that? You don`t have to tell me what you`re building. I don`t give a ****. I just want to get these ****ing things off my property. So if you want them, get the the **** over here with some money and take them. The next ****ing moron that emails me with "I`m building a blah blah blah, and was wondering if..." The answer is NO. Come get the ****ing blocks and build it yourself. If I knew how to do masonry, don`t you think I`d be using the blocks myself instead of selling them for half ****ing price? What the **** is wrong with you people? The next one of you ****ing *******es that emails me with some sob-story ******** is getting his email address added to the North American Man/Boy Love Association list.

You want the blocks? Come get the blocks, and don`t **** with me!

I love it!! MAN THAT IS SOOOOOOO FUNNY!!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBs
    is advertising on craigslist effective?

As a professional detailing business owner, couldn`t you think of better ways of advertising your business without maintaining a direct association with scams and fraud?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman
    As a professional detailing business owner, couldn`t you think of better ways of advertising your business without maintaining a direct association with scams and fraud?

That`s really a very narrowminded view of things really. I bet there`s a ton of scammers and frauder on this site as well. Ebay is the same way but it`s hugely succesful. I don`t care what fashion of life you decide to live in there will always be scammers in all of them. Heck Good ol George W holds the most prestigious Job in the nation but I wouldn`t trust that idiot scam artist with my kids piggy bank. I honestly think if your smart about it craigs list could prove a very valuable and useful marketing tool. It`s not very often anymore one can get anything free anymore. Take advantage of it..

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the point Frank is trying to make, however, I agree that there are frauds present in every type of advertising media. I think the point is, your potential customer`s draw conclusions from your advertising. If you do a cheap looking ad in a pennysaver type of media, you are not going to attract desirable customers.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think posting on there could hurt but only if you make it clear you wont do a full detail for 50 bucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information