Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    I think the point is, your potential customer`s draw conclusions from your advertising. If you do a cheap looking ad in a pennysaver type of media, you are not going to attract desirable customers.

A wise man once said; show me who your friends are and I will show you who you are. As a detailing business owner, you only get one chance to create a reputation. When you get your name out there in the right places you will begin to form the image of what you want your detailing business to represent in the marketplace and in turn you will begin to attract the clients you desire. Hey, it is much more fun creating an image that is in close association with the advertising and marketing methods used by other successful small business professionals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea but to me that seriously sounds like your trying to seperate yourself from common people making it sound like your better than someone else. I personally hate it when I get snubbed down on. I am no better than anyone else that walks this planet and I refuse to treat other people like they are less of a human being and not worth my time or efforts. If you`re all about the hoity toytie upscale snub your nose at society because they make more money than the rest of soicety so be it... For me I`d much rather support my own community where I was born and raised. Anyone with a $500 car to a $5,000,000,000 is welcome at my shop and you will always be treated the same regardless. And before you mention that those upscale people would try to shy away seeing how I cater to the cheap side of society is pure bull. I do quite a fair share of the cavaliers and civics and I also have quite a few clientels with Mercades SLR`s Vipers, Lexus and the such. And they all come back because I treat them all with the same respect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jake- In no way is anyone trying to put you down. Frank strongly believes in targeting the higher end detailing market. Obviously, what market you target depends on your geographic location. I always treat all of my customer`s the same, however, I would much rather detail nice cars that are always kept in nice condition, as opposed to cars that have been trashed for years and years. I also do not like to deal with people that do not value quality auto detailing, and unfortunately certain advertising media attracts those types of customers.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Yea but to me that seriously sounds like your trying to seperate yourself from common people making it sound like your better than someone else.

Actually, you have got it a bit backwards Jake. I am not trying to separate myself from the common people. Plenty of my clients drive everyday cars. What I have been successful in doing is keeping the image of my detailing business separate from many of the other car care businesses out there. Especially the people who mass market and think they can be all things to all people. Like I said before, it is all about the way you advertise and market your business that will separate your business from your competition and help you attract the clients you desire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    Jake- In no way is anyone trying to put you down. Frank strongly believes in targeting the higher end detailing market. Obviously, what market you target depends on your geographic location. I always treat all of my customer`s the same, however, I would much rather detail nice cars that are always kept in nice condition, as opposed to cars that have been trashed for years and years. I also do not like to deal with people that do not value quality auto detailing, and unfortunately certain advertising media attracts those types of customers.

Exactly, most people with a Honda Civic drive their car 30k miles before an oil change and never wash it and if they do it they make sure to install swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that i will get a bunch of scam emails etc, but i am just wondering if anyone has actually gotten some serious offers from CL (which apperently some have).

The avg person that browses CL is not my target market at all (look at some of the cars on my site), and i do not plan on changing my prices; This is why i am asking if it would be worth it to advertise on CL. ( this is not my only way of getting customers so i thought this might be a good idea since it cant hurt)

Thanks for the replies!
    JC-Detail

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBs
    The avg person that browses CL is not my target market at all

Hang in there. Focus your advertising and marketing efforts in enough of these types of places and the people who discover your detailing business there will surely become your target market. On the flip side, most successful detailing business owners will agree it is always better to dig where there is the most gold.

Post Thanks / Like
    (look at some of the cars on my site)

HOOWEE those are some low prices. We also service West L.A. and we are getting almost double what your charging. Bump`em up!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    You know frank I think you have some very solid points there. I actually find myself in the same sort of pickle. I mean to me $200 is $200 regardless of where it comes from. However I currently find myself in an insteresting crossroads of being able to really "Up" my image from the rest of the detail shops in my area. For instance I`m the only one that has a website in the area. Although not near as "Functional" as I want it to be yet. It`s there. It`s informative and it shows off alot of good work by the guys out in the bays. I do agree image can really make or break any buisness. And my advertising has proven to be extreamly productive in that manner and I`ve really branded my logo well. I`m already starting the initial fact gathering mission of expanding into the neighboring cities. So I really need my image to speak of my quality. I applogize for the misunderstanding I originally had there but I think I know where your coming from now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that i will get a bunch of scam emails etc, but i am just wondering if anyone has actually gotten some serious offers from CL (which apperently some have).

The avg person that browses CL is not my target market at all (look at some of the cars on my site), and i do not plan on changing my prices; This is why i am asking if it would be worth it to advertise on CL. ( this is not my only way of getting customers so i thought this might be a good idea since it cant hurt)

Thanks for the replies!

Take a closer look at CL. $75k+ cars are for sale on there regularly. High end home owners are finding high end cleaning and remodeling services there.

You`d be surprised who answers your ad.
    APPLIED COLORS

PROFESSIONAL GRADE PAINT TOUCHUP KITS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior Fine
    HOOWEE those are some low prices. We also service West L.A. and we are getting almost double what your charging. Bump`em up!
    Low? wow ok, i thought i was over charging!

thanks for that :goodjob
    JC-Detail

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it and have gotten a few detail jobs off of it. Hell its free so why not you know.

A lot of bargain shoppers though.

Optimum Detailing - Winter Is Coming, Is Your Car Ready For It?

Post Thanks / Like
    Low? wow ok, i thought i was over charging!

thanks for that :goodjob

It kind of depends on what exactly your doing. I feel you can raise them a tad at the very least.

Feel free to email me. Lets talk about it.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information