Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not an advertisement for my detailing, just want to know what everybody thinks of my new website.:heelclick

Please be objective and let me know what you think. :wavey

Please don`t post negative remarks if it`s just not your personal taste, but if there`s some sort of improvement you think of those comments are welcome. :2thumbs:

Also please do not debate my "process" section as I use techniques that are tried and true to my skill levels, I did not put that section up to debate, but to educate my clients and other`s interested in what I consider "proper car care".:buffing:

The gallery will be updated every 6 months or so as I get new and cooler cars in to show off.

Depending on your computer, it may be a little out of proportion from how the designer intended...

So what do you think? OttmannDetailing.com or just click on my homepage and that will take you directly there.:wavey

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it.. nice and simple.

Only thing from a totally-`web-noob` mindset, would be to find a better way to integrate the gallery-section. Perhaps a slideshow or something.. I wouldn`t be too keen on having to click on so many thumbnails.

All the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it josh, you spelled meguiars wrong but it looks very clean and pleasing to the eye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWWW
    I like it.. nice and simple.

Only thing from a totally-`web-noob` mindset, would be to find a better way to integrate the gallery-section. Perhaps a slideshow or something.. I wouldn`t be too keen on having to click on so many thumbnails.

All the best!

It is like a slide show, which ever pic you click on, if you just go to the extreme right or left of that picture, click it and it will move to the next pic like a slide show. :2thumbs:

Try it again and tell me if it`s working okay?

Thanks, Josh

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it alot - very professional looking. Here`s some suggestions to consider:

*On your About Us page, don`t say that you`re 2-3 weeks booked out. It could turn people off and they might not even call. I`d leave it out.

*On your Pricing page, I like your Short List, but you might have a better effect if you just keep prices only on that page. Could you move the list to your Procedure page? There, you might want to list ALL the brand names you work with instead of just a "short list".

*Re-word your paragraph about your girlfriend. I think it could be more gramatically correct and flow easier.

*Add fabric protection to your New Car Process?

*I like your PDF download. Could you add some better pictures? Change the cotton towel to Micro Fiber. The pic of you washing is ok, but wouldn`t it be more effective if you had a picture of a vehicle covered in thick foam from a foam gun?

*Study your web-site as if you were the 1st time customer. What would you think stands out to them? What is making them read this and call you?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I like it alot - very professional looking. Here`s some suggestions to consider:

*On your About Us page, don`t say that you`re 2-3 weeks booked out. It could turn people off and they might not even call. I`d leave it out.

Problem is some people call or email and think I can be there the next day so they need a heads up that it might be a week or two before I get to there car.....

*On your Pricing page, I like your Short List, but you might have a better effect if you just keep prices only on that page. Could you move the list to your Procedure page? There, you might want to list ALL the brand names you work with instead of just a "short list".

The effect looks great, I put a product short list on both pages so if they don`t want to look at the process page they can still see the product list and it saves me more questions to answer on the phone or email....

The process page has links so they can get more info from the manufacturer if they really want to dig that deep or order any or whatever.....

*Re-word your paragraph about your girlfriend. I think it could be more gramatically correct and flow easier.

It`s a little choppy yes, but I didn`t have a lot of room to write an autobiography. We`ve been married for about 6 months now.....

*Add fabric protection to your New Car Process?

*I like your PDF download. Could you add some better pictures? Change the cotton towel to Micro Fiber. The pic of you washing is ok, but wouldn`t it be more effective if you had a picture of a vehicle covered in thick foam from a foam gun?

Better pics?? I think the one`s we used are great. I don`t rip off pics either, they are all authentic pics I`ve taken myself, none are professionally done or enhanced other then the Zaino pic on the main page and I have permission from Sal Zaino to do so, of course.

I don`t have anything talking about a cotton towel?? I`ve never used a cotton towel?? What are you refering too?

I don`t use a foam gun so I wouldn`t have any pics of this....

*Study your web-site as if you were the 1st time customer. What would you think stands out to them? What is making them read this and call you?

What stands out to them? Professionalism, not home made look, the fact that I have some really good before and after pics that shows my abilities along with a healthy selection of high end cleints and an entire process and procedures page to explain that I know what I`m doing and that I`m not afraid to show my face as I take personal pride in my cars that I`m detailing and not just another wash and waxer that`s in it for the money.

David, thanks for taking the time to read through it all, I appreciate your input.

I answered most of your comments in the quote.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh, honestly I think thats a great SITE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It sure looks nice but why do many detailer web sites never clearly identify where they are located on the home page? I would think where they are serving and how to contact them should be clearly visible.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking site, some of the content is not my cup of tea, but I am not a potential customer of yours.

The real key with a business website is "does the site generate ANY business"?

I say 99% NOT. Its you telling people to look at your site to learn about your business when you can take the 4 minutes to sell them yourself.

Unless you figure the algorithm to put you in the top 5 on a Google search in your specific geographic area, or pay them for it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice professional looking website! I have to agree that LOCATION would be key information. The bottom of the page with the two tone gray text is hard to read. While that is fine for the fine print stuff like when your site was last updated, where you are geographically located needs more attention. This is especially true for people just using a search engine to find you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add-

I like the layout although the gallery is a PITA to navigate. I`d use the "Gallery" to open to a new page then use (before/gallery/after) (previous/Gallery/next) in those pages . If the client closes the gallery page they will have to reload the whole site. Also I`d leave your religous beliefs out of it. .2 worth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    Nice looking site, some of the content is not my cup of tea, but I am not a potential customer of yours.

The real key with a business website is "does the site generate ANY business"?

I say 99% NOT. Its you telling people to look at your site to learn about your business when you can take the 4 minutes to sell them yourself.

Unless you figure the algorithm to put you in the top 5 on a Google search in your specific geographic area, or pay them for it!

I`m not sure detailers like Josh are interested in business from random google searches. A site like that is intended to set them apart from other "high end" detailers when people who are referred to them through previous customers decide to check the site out. It`s also helpful when people on sites like Autopia or car forums follow links back to your site.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    It sure looks nice but why do many detailer web sites never clearly identify where they are located on the home page? I would think where they are serving and how to contact them should be clearly visible.

Josh is mobile. I am too, so on my home page I have this statement:

"Serving the Mid Cities & Northeast Tarrant County in Texas Since 1994!"

==============

Josh-very nice layout! Not quite sure I understand your using what you consider to be lesser waxes if you don`t claybar. I think it sends the wrong message to the customer. Plus, why not just include light claying with your packages? Most vehicles only need the horizontal surfaces clayed around here anyway and it only adds 15-20 minutes to the total time if that. Plus, most of the cars I regular maintain, I *may* need to clay them once a year, if that. Once you clay them, lets say, in the spring and then maintain the car all year, unless they go through something nasty or work in an industrial park, you probably won`t need to clay again until the following spring and can use whatever wax/sealant you want each time you reseal.

If you clay as needed and roll it into the cost of the process you won`t need to worry about the LSP you use. Your business, you can run it how you see fit, just trying to help you out here.

Also, your gallery pics don`t show in Opera browser when you click the thumbs. I just get a blank white box.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple things I think you need. #1 you need a slot for testimonials. If you do not have any, after you do some jobs ask people in a short sentence or two to write down how well they liked the job and then incorporate those to your website. Make up a customer feedback card for this. Look at Zaino`s testimonials on there site, thats smart marketing. People will always believe what others say about you versus what you say about you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang Josh, that is one great webpage my friend. I would KILL to have something half that good for my business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information