Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Baseballlover, do you have pics?? We`d like to see some of the recient cars you`ve detailed.

It would help your credability greatly.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    What i meant by isnt this the proffesional part was i wanted to ask poeple who were proffesonals. people who could somewhat relate to me. and unlike those kids that are saying that they go into fires, i just say that i detail cars. and i agree, i want to be treated like a real person not a minor. i would rather like to be treated like an adult then a kid.

And yes i do have some pictures of my latest jobs

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/IMG_0063.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/DSC01719.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/IMG_0067.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...DSC01057_2.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/DSC01089.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/DSC01094.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/DSC01062.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I admire your entrepreneurial spirit, however, I think you should enjoy being a teenager. I sometimes wish I was 14 again. It sounds like your family has some money; so I do not see much of a need to work too hard. Detail some cars on the weekend to gain experience and earn some extra cash. If you do indeed want to make a career out of detailing you can get off to a good start by exceeding the expectations of your clients. Remember you posted in the professional forum. Act like a professional by proof reading your posts and respecting the other professionals and hobbyists alike. Good luck to you.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I also agree with DaGonz. And being 14 years old you don`t own a "REAL" detailing company.

Also, people aren`t going to take you seriously if you are typing a big long paragraph that is 10 lines long that doesn`t have proper spelling or any capital letters.

Post Thanks / Like
    brwill2005... you have givn me the best advice so far. and i do respect everyone that gives me good advice or tries to. and yes it would seem like we have money but as i doubt that anyone in this forum is in the clothing retail buiseness i doubt you know how much money we actually have. as most people know the economy is WAY down and clothing is no exception.

lets just say i love detailing cars and, up to today i never doubted myself and was never given a reason to by another being. every customer i have ever had has always come back to me saying that i was just as good as the proffesional down the street from my house that charges 4 or 5 times the price i do. Now to those guys who would give the advice go try to get a job from him. i tryed... he told me that his insurance company wouldnt like it (understandable). so this is the only option i have right now. and i think this option worked out better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work kid. I envy your drive and entrepreneurial mindset. I have a feeling you`ll go far in what ever you do.

Do you have any pics of the 911 or 914?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Good work kid. I envy your drive and entrepreneurial mindset. I have a feeling you`ll go far in what ever you do.

Do you have any pics of the 911 or 914?

Uhhh yea hold on ile add em in a sec. Can you give me any constructive criticism on the jobs i did?

Post Thanks / Like
    What were the process on the cars?

For me, it`s more about the process than the pictures. I can take a total POS, take pictures at the right angle and make it look great.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    Can you give me any constructive criticism on the jobs i did?
    Not without seeing them in person. No offense. I`m sure with the experience and intelligence you possess, I could coach you into one of the best detailers out there in no time.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 70 911 and put a small block Chevy 350 in it back in the 90`s. That car flew! They also do V8 conversions on 914`s too.

Check them out:

Renegade Hybrids

Post Thanks / Like
    ok... wash using the sonus stuff, clay using the sonus clay, if the clay doesnt get out the bigger scratches i use this pink stuff my father got frum a body shop a while back... idk what it is but it cleans REALLY well, sfx 2 (the enhancer), klasse AIO, and then the klasses sealent glaze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Fermani... you sound like a great guy. maybe if you are interested in a year or two i could try to get you to come down here (at my expense) and teach me how to REALLY do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    or maybe you could give me a few tips of the trade. as to the converting my 911 or 914... personally i dont beleive in amercican engines (no offense). and if i were to take them to the track it wouldnt be to beet the other guy, it would be to have a ton of fun, and the engines that are in them now are fine and im afraid i might be stupid and hurt myself with TOO much horsepower

Post Thanks / Like
    you went to skippy school?!?! how was it? i really wanna go there. and also i hear bandurant is a great one also. how did you like mid-ohio? dad could NEVER get the hang of it. alothough he did place 5th at the national championships his 1st time there. now that the runnoffs moved to kansas we might have a better chance there.

My wife and I did Skippy School back when they were still at Lime Rock. It was our first driving school and it was OK but we liked Bondurant better (enough to keep going back for more courses). Can`t really compare our experiences from back then with their stuff today, I`m certain so much has changed that they`re just too different to compare.

Just attend *some* good school, preferably more than one. You`ll learn new stuff every time.

Yeah, IMO/IME Mid-Ohio was a tough track, but my wife learned it right away and easily blew off guys driving much faster cars...it`s all about getting the line right and that track just agreed with her. Some tracks and some drivers just click...or don`t.

..if the clay doesnt get out the bigger scratches..

Note that clay isn`t used to remove scratches but rather to shear off above-surface contamination.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information