Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to offer some advice since you seem very eager to try out your plans...

PLEASE brush up on your writing skills. I know detailing probably doesn`t require you to do much writing, but properly formatting sentences and paragraphs can really give you a "professional" boost.

Other than that, best of luck, and don`t forget about us little guys when you`re doing $6000 details for Jay Leno.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you are good at what you do, there is way more money to be made working on vehicles of high dollar customers, compared to serving the masses with high volume washing and waxing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    I`d like to offer some advice since you seem very eager to try out your plans...

PLEASE brush up on your writing skills. I know detailing probably doesn`t require you to do much writing, but properly formatting sentences and paragraphs can really give you a "professional" boost.

Other than that, best of luck, and don`t forget about us little guys when you`re doing $6000 details for Jay Leno.

hahha... yes yes i do know that i need a little work on my writing skills. it seems that private schools do not pay off lol. but jay leno... NO. i think he`s a funny guy but i dont support guys who drive motorcycles lol. but i do have some good news about detailing. this past weekend i was at a race crewing for some old freinds. and as i was pulling into the hotle parking lot there was a guy talking on his phone in his lamborghini gallardo. we started talking about his car and about mine. (i was driving the 914) and after he started talking about my car he said WOW that really does look good. how old is that paint. i said that it was painted 3 years after my father bought the car (it was painted in 1977). he said how do you get it to shine like that. and i explained i detail cars on the side. he said o wow do you have a card. i gave it to him and he said "good deal maybe ile have to fly you down and get you to detail all mine fore a week, i have enouph to keep you busy." i was EXTATIC (sp).

and as for everyone else that sounded as if you were being to hard or an a$$ hole. i know that you were just trying to help me so thank you very much. The way i have ran my life lately is if someone sais i cant do something it pushed me harder to get it. which was the case with the 911 i have. my dad told me it would be idiotic to waste my money on such a peice of crap as that particular 911. it wasnt too good to the sight and wasnt much better mechanically. now i have the car running smothlely and i only have to put a pop off valve in it until it will be drivable. so thank you so much for your support or lack there of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    baseballlover1- I`m glad to hear your query is on the level, and you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders.

The others here can offer better advice concerning going into this business than I can, but I hope that it works out for you.

If you ever have any questions about how to do some specific aspect of detailing, please don`t hesitate to ask; there`s usually somebody here who`s dealt with a given issue.

Being the son of an SCCA driver helps explain your taste in cars..wonder if you`ll have more fun in the 911 or the 014 :think: Either one oughta be a lot of fun.

thank you. and you seemingto know what scca is gives me the thought that you are a driver. if so what class do you race? dad and i race ssc. maybe if your ever at a race in the southeast or northeast or at the runnoffs look us up. we would be under jeff wendell... but right now it looks as though im going to have more fun with the 914 becuase its in prestine condition. and the 911 is driving on the road a lot. buttt it will be soon. thanks and if your ever in roanoke VA. give me a call, maybe you can take one of em for a test drive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, gentlemen.. But I am calling BS on this kid....

Cases in point #1 from the upgrading to rotary? thread

i currently own a PC... i am now starting to get serios with detailing (or serios for me anyway, i detail a car everyweekend). i have been reading posts and things and it seems everyone has a rotary...

He details a car a weekend and makes $24K?

Would you pay a 14 year old an average of $417 to detail your car?

Case in point #2

hahha... yes yes i do know that i need a little work on my writing skills. it seems that private schools do not pay off lol. but jay leno... NO. i think he`s a funny guy but i dont support guys who drive motorcycles lol. but i do have some good news about detailing. this past weekend i was at a race crewing for some old freinds. and as i was pulling into the hotle parking lot there was a guy talking on his phone in his lamborghini gallardo. we started talking about his car and about mine. (i was driving the 914) and after he started talking about my car he said WOW that really does look good. how old is that paint. i said that it was painted 3 years after my father bought the car (it was painted in 1977). he said how do you get it to shine like that. and i explained i detail cars on the side. he said o wow do you have a card. i gave it to him and he said "good deal maybe ile have to fly you down and get you to detail all mine fore a week, i have enouph to keep you busy." i was EXTATIC (sp).

A 14 year old driving on the roads?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGonz
    Sorry, gentlemen.. But I am calling BS on this kid....

Cases in point #1 from the upgrading to rotary? thread

He details a car a weekend and makes $24K?

Would you pay a 14 year old an average of $417 to detail your car?

Case in point #2

A 14 year old driving on the roads?

haha your calling ******** on me huh? wwhat i ment by pulling into the hotel parking lot was my father was driving into the parking lot. would you like to see a picture of me in front of the yellow lamborghini? (because i have it) and when i wrote that post i was doing about 1 car a weekend. Now i am doing 4 or 5. would you like to see the pictures from the latest car? because i have those also. and what i said by 24,000 was i did the math of how much it would pay me if i detailed cars full time and dropped out. however it seems that i am more grown up than you are arguing about (if you were right) a stupid kid who was bull ````ting about his cars and yearly income. now just to see what you say, would you like me to go outside right now and take pictures with my two cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever floats your toy boat..

FYI...

I command a group of 18 firefighters, one of 4 groups within my city`s Fire Department.

With 26+ years on the job, rising through the ranks, dealiing with my personnel under my command as a Lieutenant, a Captain and now Deputy Chief, as well as the public and the politicians, my BS detector is finely honed.

I`m sorry, son.. but in my eyes... your credibility is already shot to hell. and I am sure that there are many who will agree with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    hate to bag on the kid, but im with dagonz. i think the best advice or cliche i can offer this little guy is "don`t talk about it, be about it".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    .. you seemingto know what scca is gives me the thought that you are a driver...

While I do have a fair amount of training under my belt, I never took the whole on-track thing far enough to get my SCCA license. But many of my instructors were members/competitive drivers, as are a number of my friends.

And BTW, heh heh, you`d probably catch a little less flak here if you ran your posts through a spell-checker

Post Thanks / Like
    Somethings not adding up here

haha your calling ******** on me huh? wwhat i ment by pulling into the hotel parking lot was my father was driving into the parking lot.

and as i was pulling into the hotle parking lot there was a guy talking on his phone in his lamborghini gallardo. we started talking about his car and about mine. (i was driving the 914)

Post Thanks / Like
    While I do have a fair amount of training under my belt, I never took the whole on-track thing far enough to get my SCCA license. But many of my instructors were members/competitive drivers, as are a number of my friends.

And BTW, heh heh, you`d probably catch a little less flak here if you ran your posts through a spell-checker

what schools have you gone to?

And dagonz, i have a lot of respect for anyone who can run as fast as they can into a flaming building. but why are you responding to my question since i put it on a proffesional blog. it seems that you are not a proffesional. Anyway, why are you saying "whatever floats my Toy Boat"? I put unleaded gasoline in my cars judt like evryone else. idk what you put in your firetruck but i think your running a little hot. and your saying bull **** on me? im sorry i just dont like people saying im a fake. now what do you want me to do to prove to you that i am not BS`ing anyone. but anyway what is this going to accomplish? i am not trying to hurt your feelings or hurt your moral which it seems like you are trying to do to me. just out of curiosity does it "float your toy firetrucks boat" to have internet quarrels with a 14 year old?

also... how big is marlburo or wherever you live? if you have a 18 man group of firefighters and 4 more groups it must be pretty huge huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Skip Barber, TrackTime (at Mid-Ohio), Bondurant (numerous courses), and most recently Don Barrick`s Security Driver Training class at Beaverun. I`m tentatively signed up for an autumn Protective/Evasive Driving course at Tony Scotti`s Vehicle Dynamics Institute.

Oops, didn`t notice that this was on the Professional Forum..I`m not a professional detailer in the sense of doing it for pay

Post Thanks / Like
    Skip Barber, TrackTime (at Mid-Ohio), Bondurant (numerous courses), and most recently Don Barrick`s Security Driver Training class at Beaverun. I`m tentatively signed up for an autumn Protective/Evasive Driving course at Tony Scotti`s Vehicle Dynamics Institute.

Oops, didn`t notice that this was on the Professional Forum..I`m not a professional detailer in the sense of doing it for pay

you went to skippy school?!?! how was it? i really wanna go there. and also i hear bandurant is a great one also. how did you like mid-ohio? dad could NEVER get the hang of it. alothough he did place 5th at the national championships his 1st time there. now that the runnoffs moved to kansas we might have a better chance there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGonz
    Whatever floats your toy boat...

Should someone consider using a marine cleaner/wax on a toy boat?:grinno:

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

And dagonz, i have a lot of respect for anyone who can run as fast as they can into a flaming building. but why are you responding to my question since i put it on a proffesional blog. it seems that you are not a proffesional. Anyway, why are you saying "whatever floats my Toy Boat"? I put unleaded gasoline in my cars judt like evryone else. idk what you put in your firetruck but i think your running a little hot. and your saying bull **** on me? im sorry i just dont like people saying im a fake. now what do you want me to do to prove to you that i am not BS`ing anyone. but anyway what is this going to accomplish? i am not trying to hurt your feelings or hurt your moral which it seems like you are trying to do to me. just out of curiosity does it "float your toy firetrucks boat" to have internet quarrels with a 14 year old?

also... how big is marlburo or wherever you live? if you have a 18 man group of firefighters and 4 more groups it must be pretty huge huh?

I can`t stand bovine scatology. I can`t stand it when people backpedal when they are called on it instead of admitting they were wrong. It doesn``t matter if the poster is 14, 34, 64 or older. Just becuase you posted it in the Professional detailers forum hardly makes you a "pro"..

I moderate on two firefighter websites and am a very active member of a third. We see plenty of 14 year old "wannabees" who claim that they are allowed to mask up and go inside to fight fires, drive rigs and operate the extrication tools and demand that they be respected. :doh They are quickly exposed and caught in their web of lies.

Your reputation can make you or break you. There`s a young detailer ( he`s 16 or 17) here by the name of scubasteveo from Canada who is an excellent detailer. He posts intelligently and doesn`t try to impress with BS, the pics of his work do the talking for him.

There are some shady characters who have taken pics from this website and tried to pass them off as their own work.

I am a professional firefighter, clean car fanatic and have been detailing for 20+ years. While I don`t do it for a living (t`s more of a paying hobby than a profession) it helped pay for my son`s coillege tuition, and pays for family vacations and flight lessons.

FYI, it`s "Marlborough", located between Boston and Worcester, 22 square miles, 40,000 population, three fire stations, 73 sworn personnel, 1 civilian andmiinstrative assistant.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information