Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everybody, new to this forum. Been looking for the past 2 months, but just registered so I could post a form that I have been using with success. I created it for myself since I too was looking and looking and couldn`t find much on the net for standard forms. This one seems to work well for me. It is in Excel and has 3 tabs on the bottom. INVOICE, INSPECTION CHECKLIST & DETAIL CHECKLIST.

Hope this helps if anybody needs one or wants to modify one.

(Well, I was going to upload it but maybe I can`t upload and Excel file?) If anybody wants a copy, I can email it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been very lucky. I have run a detail for 5 years plus now and have never given a waver. I think that if you damage the vehicle no matter what you have the customer sign your still liable. In Canada listed in your vendors permit it says that ultimatly for your neglect you are responsible. And if someone worked on my own car and damaged it I would hope they would fix it. I wouldnever sign something that said if the person working on my car breaks something they are not liable. I think the walk around is a great thing, and making the customer aware of past damages makes sense. But in all reality if the customer is a dirt bag he could scrape a poll on the way home phone you nd say he just noticed it. If damage is a concen for you have the customer sign when your done saying the car left here in perfect shape. In all honesty I have never had a problem with anyone making a false claim and I average 10 cars a day for the last 5 years. I have damaged a car before and had to pay for it. I was polihing a Dodge Viper and there is a small panel that hides the side of the motor on both sides right under the hood. It is only attached along the bottom and I caught the corner of it and snap. It was huge bucks to fix but it was my fault. Good work though the form looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always done a visual inspection with the owner present prior to starting any work. I have them point out any spots they are aware of that they want me to attempt to fix or that they think are beyond help. I take a small piece of blue masking tape and mark each of those spots and anything else I notice... that way we`re both on the same page when I start. I do like the idea of the vehicle condition report drawing for extra protection.... up to this point I guess I`ve just been lucky b/c I`ve never had a customer try to blame damage on me after the fact.
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff and ideas so far. I think im going to make a few different approaches to the contract/estimate. I like having them do a final sign off of the vehicle being left in good condition.

If anything that would be the best in court too! Also the post above about I are a lawyer, I about fell off the rocker. Very funny , but I have a feeling that wasnt a joke so if youd like to lend a hand to this , feel free to. Ill try to work up a report.

Im going to do a job right this moment too....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok just got back. Man nothing like working your behind off for 3 hours in the florida heat and getting a 5 dollar tip for a job you gave too good of a price to begin with just to get the job. LOL

Anyhow , I revised the contract and I removed the damages part...so it looks more professional as well added in the sign off part at the end of the deal. Wonderous stuff I tell you. Will be updating the initial post with the new document so feel free to download and check it out.

Also thanks to all the topians who are helping so far , we keep this up we will have a rock solid contract for everyone to use worldwide!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to help if I can with the proviso that laws are different from state to state but I can certainly help with the wording. Your choice, but it probably is worth spending a few bucks or a free detail job for a local attorney to look things over and give some advice on things such as statutory mechanic`s liens,etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a good idea too. Feel free to take a poke at the wording for the time being , but I might have to call around and see if I can hook that up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled this one off Autopia a while ago, switched a few things, deleted some, added some, and have a different one. This one is the one I pulled up, it does not have anything done to it except my info up top...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information