Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know about you but I would be like :argue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmF_15
    I don`t know about you but I would be like :argue
    Ditto!!

:argue :argue

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha thats was funny. Man, I hope the Lexus dude give u some $$$.

Good luck..

Post Thanks / Like
    That has never happened to me, although I have pulled up next to the wrong car when there are two of the same kind in a parking lot. However, going in to get the owner takes care of that.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by awahl63
    Hilarious...I really don`t know what I would do if I came out to somebody detailing my car.

If it were my car and I came out to find a detailer of his skills detaililng it, I`d probably get excited, but I`d definitely call him...if not to offer some compensation, to atleast thank him and compliment the work (but I`d flip a few bucks his way....It`s an LS430, not a pinto).
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re Def. not the first. I`m mobile but have one client who always is on the run and prefers to just have his car dropped off at my house for me to work on. However he has a service deliver the car for him as he`s usually traveling and leaves his car in the private jet company`s care while he`s gone.

We arrange for the car to be dropped off at my house one day while I`m gone for me to complete. I get home that afternoon and I`m expecting to see a BMW M3 sitting in my Driveway but instead I find a Chevy SSR. I tried all three numbers I`ve got for my client but no answer, Left voicemail`s on all 3. Since the SSR had 30 day tags on it I assumed that he bought something new and proceeded to start the work. Well just as I`m finishing up the SSR two goons show up from the jet company with the M3 that I origionally expected to be there to pick up the wrong car that they had delivered. I expressed my concern about getting paid for the work that I had just completed and they assured me that I would be compensated.

When my client returned to town he paid for both details without allowing me to protest and eventually got the Jet company to reinburse him for the problem...but it apparently took him 3 months to get that resolved.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that I haven`t smoked a cigarette in over four years, something like this would`ve probably got me right back puffing away! :lol
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    wow this is funny, wonder what the reaction is from the other party...???

Post Thanks / Like
    Great story and very funny.
    :::Johnnie:::

Keep it Wet

Post Thanks / Like
    Next day while i was detailing the right car the owner of the wrong car came by and offered to give me ""some"" money for the detail. Since I also have "some" money, I told him that I didn`t want it. I explained that that wasn`t the reson why I left my business card with the note in his window.

He loved the way the car came out and i will wash/wax it every 2 months and fully detail the vehicle twice a year.

Here is car #1 with ZAIO, &Z2pro, Hyper dressing on tires

Here is car #2 with Poli Seal, Opti Seal, Hyper Dressing on tires

Post Thanks / Like
    Damm..no wonder you got confused..

Look great on both whip

Post Thanks / Like
    Oddly enough, there was a new Carrolton police car missing the other day from the dealership. The police put out a description of the car and the next day, a detail shop called to let them know the dealer had dropped the car off at their shop. Seems the dealer mistook it for a security cop car and took it to the detail shop for additional work.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a video floating around last winter on the net where this guy scrapes snow and ice off a car for ever, then hits his key fob and the lights blink on the car in front of the one he cleaned!

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny story. One lucky LS owner !!!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    All great stories, though I wonder if sometimes things like these are setups, especially the story with the mom`s matching vehicle in the drive where the customer`s was supposed to be. Very shady situations. Sorry it had to be you, but glad it wasn`t me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information