Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering how yall handle a detail and then it rains that night or next day? I have 5 deatils I have had to put off this week due to the monsoon conditions here. I guess Im wondering how you handle the questions customers ask. Around here the "Wash Tub" will rewash their car if it rains the next day, how do yall handle this? Thanks,Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    the weather is not your fault IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    I guarantee that if it rains on their car after a detail, it will get wet.

Usually if it rains on a customer`s car right after I finish, next time I`ll do something extra for them, like clean their mats. Seems to make them happy.

Not much we can do about the weather, it has been raining several times a week here in Dallas since the end of April with no end in sight. Well, actually, the end has been in sight but the next day, they revise the forecast and formerly expected sunny days now have rain forecast. I am down over $5000 since the end of April vs last year. The car wash my brother takes his work van to says 4 fellow franchise owners have already shut down during this stretch. It has been absolutely relentless. I have lost the middle of the week 10 out last 14 weeks. :hairpull
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

I only had one person change there appointment this week with me.

I`m in San Antonio as well. I detailed an S500 yesterday and it was raining when the Lady picked up the car. I told her that I was sorry that it was raining and that if she wanted

me to repair some other dents on her car I would wash it for free. She said that it was alright and not to worry.

If it`s a full detail and I need the work I will offer a wash exterior only if it rains that day.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    My clients understand that nobody has control of the weather and when it rains your car will get wet just like during pollen season when all cars, people and critters will turn a greenish-yellow inside and outside with a haze or tree sap which seems year round. We live here and like it so we put up with what Mother Nature gives us.

Like right now we are in a horrible drought…all the grass is crunchy, the flowers and trees are droopy, people on the lakes with boats bottoming out on sand bars. So we complain and go with the flow. It has to rain sometime…we hope.

One highlight of this drought is that the bird bath attracts all kinds of outdoor critters; I clean and have to re-fill it twice a day. The birds stack up in the trees waiting their turns for a drink or a shower and shake. Pictures are plentiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve offered some of my weekly customers a rewash if the car gets messed up because of the rain. I don`t recall any ever calling me though. I`ve been asked before if I have a rain guarantee. I tell them the rain won`t hurt it much just don`t drive in it. I`ve done details before when there was a good chance of rain. I offer to clean it again if the rain messes things up but none have taken me up on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dent`s & Details

If it`s a full detail and I need the work I will offer a wash exterior only if it rains that day.

Problem for me is I am losing my weekly wash customers. Completely pointless for them to get their car washed in the morning if it will rain on them before they even leave work. That is about 40% of my business most weeks.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If I do a full detail and its raining when they pick it up, then Ill offer to wash it another day at no charge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool thanks for the reply and information. I have put off several, I guess Ill call em and get going again. Just needed to know what some of yall`s exp`s. have been. I just didnt feel that is was good for buisness if I did a detail then 30 minute later is was time to grab youre horse and *** then head for the arc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott believe me I feel your pain, just a few hours south I see the same damn thing. I am starting to wonder if it is ever going to be sunny and dry again.

Usually if the customer asks I tell them the truth. I watch the news everynight and what I see is what I tell them. On days that there is a small chance pushing them away like 20 or 30% I will give them a wash and an app of OS for the price of just a wash. If its more than 30% I will tell them and they always say thank you for your honesty and to call them after the rain. I know that it might not be the best business thing to do but I gain a lot of trust from previous and new clients.

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually offer a free wash at a later day, or if the customer doesnt need to pick up the car we just keep it in the shop until the weather clears up.
    Detailing On, Dynamics Off

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave a customer a 10% discount today for not cancelling. By the time I finished, there was a torrential downpour that isn`t letting up.

Just checked the 10 day forecast....10 more $%$*@ days of rain. I better update my resume, I can`t go through this for another month. By the end of June, I`ll be down more than $6000 since the end of April against last year.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel yall`s pain. Been pouring here in Central Texas like a SOB. I need to become a canoe sales man! I was out of work Monday, Tuesday I was able to get a few hours in on a fleet wash before the sky opened up, today, I lost almost $500 on a big weekly fleet contract, Tomorrow, it looks like rain again, another big weekly fleet wash down the tube. Hopefully, Friday will look better, but I doubt it. Leaving state on Friday evening, so that`s a downer...

A wasted week due to rain.

If it rains within 24 hours of me finishing, I will re wash the exterior only. Only on details, not regular washes.

Post Thanks / Like
    if it rains that day i always give them a full wash dress and vac at their conveince people are very happy with that

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a professional detailer but just a thought: apply Aquapel to the windshields? You can promote it as a rainy day special (also a safety feature) in addition to the future wash offers. If I drive highways everyday in the rainy season, I`d sure appreciate that in addition to having a nice clean interior from a fresh detail!
    2007 Mazda3 hatch, sunlight silver :wavey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information