Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zingyginger
    I`m not a professional detailer but just a thought: apply Aquapel to the windshields? You can promote it as a rainy day special (also a safety feature) in addition to the future wash offers. If I drive highways everyday in the rainy season, I`d sure appreciate that in addition to having a nice clean interior from a fresh detail!

You`d have to charge too much for just an Aquapel application to make it worth the drive. Besides, I use Clearkote`s Quikshine on glass and it does a pretty good job repelling water as it is. Not sure Aquapel would make enough of a difference on my weekly regular`s cars for it to be worth the cost to them.

It isn`t supposed to be raining in Texas now, it is nearly July! I`ve lived here on and off for 30 years now and have never seen it like this. 2+ solid months of rain, at least 4 days of rain each week since the end of April. :hairpull
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about all the rain in TX. How does Clearkote`s Quikshine compare to Aquapel? How about KAIO?

And have you folks seen this Aquapel vs RainX weblog about a video (links below)?

Rain-X versus PPG Aquapel: Grudge Match - Autoblog

http://www.jwardell.com/mini/media/06/aquapel.mp4

Our rainy season has passed but this video made me want to try Aquapel and look forward to rain! :grinno:

Before discovering Autopia, I would have paid anyone who could have helped me see through my old car`s foggy windshield when driving in the rain, especially at night. There was haze built up and even new wipers would skip/chatter. This may be an opportunity for new customers.
    2007 Mazda3 hatch, sunlight silver :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Having your own business it tough. Especially when it is this kind of work or anything that has to dow with being outside. I haven`t had a problem with the weather here. It hasn`t really rained in forever. Not my town anyway. My problem is actually getting the work. Everyone seems to take their cars to someone else to get that "$25 complete detail" What gets me about it is that the people that charge so little can`t even pay their bills. My father (retired) works with a pest control place and the people are behind 6 months on payment. It seems like someone would get the point that "If I can`t even pay my bills...maybe I`m not charging enough" I put about 75 business cards out at my college but haven`t heard anything. Maybe I`m just wasting my time trying. I may get to do an F-350 dually tomorrow. I gave a quote of $100 to wash, wax, clean the leather and the rest of the interior. The problem is that most of the details that I have gotten have been from family or family`s friends. Not that it is a bad thing because money is money but I just can`t seem to get anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information