Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found air compressors to be useful for many detail tasks. They are especially helpful for drying out the cracks and crevices and blowing out loose debris from hard-to-reach places.

I have been considering getting one for a while but I am not exactly sure if its benefits overule the space it takes up, the costs of maintaining it and so on. What do you think?
    Learning How To Detail the Eco-Friendly Way

Post Thanks / Like
    the maintenance costs really arent that high IMO.. as long as you buy a solid product to begin with youll be set, what r u considering picking up? any particular brand or style?
    From Chaos comes Clarity

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Crystal Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at used Dewalts at the Home Depot tool rental area. One of the units was 3 years old and had been rented about 40 times and going for about $160.

This is a picture of the same model:

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The benifits from one make it worth the space it takes up.

I`ve got a 50 gallon craftsman oiless in my trailer. I use mine mainly for my dynabrade da, and blowing out interior dust on details. It also comes in handy for drips, drying out doorjambs,motor bays,etc. And airing up low tires for your customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    One word, invaluable..........I cant imagine detailing without it.

It helps with dust removal also when your mobile, as well as vents, nooks, crannies, matts, handles, all trim and weatherstripping etc......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hands down you want to get one no matter one, it`s one of the essentials out there, right up on my list of "must have" next to a rotary/PC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HenrikP

^^^^^Perfect machine for a nail gun, but the tank is too small for interior work. It would never catch up with itself and end up slowing you down. These are much better:

Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not mobile but I use a compressor for my tornador, which I love by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ron231
    I am not mobile but I use a compressor for my tornador, which I love by the way.

Can someone give me a real life testimonial on this thing? I have my supplier trying like hell to sell this thing to me for $180.00. He tested it on some fresh mud he tossed on a door panel and tried to "Wow" me. I asked if he could do it with that results on really set in stains. He`ll get back to me on that I guess. For what it does I seriously think my air nozzel for vents and a cloth with some citrus degreaser for the cloth and plastic panels works just as well and at only a couple bucks I can`t possibly see how this thing is worth even half the asking price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Perfect machine for a nail gun, but the tank is too small for interior work. It would never catch up with itself and end up slowing you down.

Currently I am very limited to space. So if the tank is too small for the operation I wouldn`t probably buy one right now. I`m operating out of the trunk of a car and I used the client`s water and electricity.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use this one and couldnt imagine doing a proper interior detail without one. It saves me so much time and does the job a lot better.

Detail ME

05 Tacoma TRD sport

99 Audi A4

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Campbell-Hausfield 2 gal @100psi max I bought from Ebay a couple of years ago and it`s too large for carrying around in my car and too small to run for more than a minute or so without having to re-pressurize.

I bought it mainly to help with my car mods/work, but just too small to have a significant impact for cleaning.

Guess I will have to upgrade whenever my customer base expands and get a dedicated vehicle for use to transport everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Can someone give me a real life testimonial on this thing? I have my supplier trying like hell to sell this thing to me for $180.00. He tested it on some fresh mud he tossed on a door panel and tried to "Wow" me. I asked if he could do it with that results on really set in stains. He`ll get back to me on that I guess. For what it does I seriously think my air nozzel for vents and a cloth with some citrus degreaser for the cloth and plastic panels works just as well and at only a couple bucks I can`t possibly see how this thing is worth even half the asking price.

It was worth the $90 that I paid for it... I would not have paid $180 though.

Also I got it in person at a supplier so there was no shipping charges. But if you want your vents, cupholders, door handles, really perfect then this is the way to go. I use it on everything on the interior that has buttons too, to get in-between them in the little cracks, and it beats the crap out of a collection of brushes.

Post Thanks / Like
    not to mention you can check the customers tire pressure and inflate them as needed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaSuperShine
    not to mention you can check the customers tire pressure and inflate them as needed!

For a small nominal fee! :nono
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information