Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking into getting insurance for my business, on the request of a potential major business client. I got quotes from $2,800 (State Farm 300k coverage), $1,550 (Farmer`s 500k) and another for $500 for 200k (100k max per incident). This was a very wide range and I was hoping all you insured detailers could tell me about your specific plan/coverage/price and your experience with your insurance company. I searched and found a bunch of threads, but most of them did not have that much info about business insurance. Thanks.
    03 Platinum Gray VW Jetta

Mobile Detailer in Seattle

Post Thanks / Like
    In for the info myself on this. I have renters insurence. But I`ve been asked if I carry incident full coverage insurence as well. basically covering the customers cars. Not sure what I even need to ask an insurence agent on this matter. Whats the norm?

Post Thanks / Like
    i was quoted $2400/yr for $1 million umbrella, van insurance, property loss, theft, computers, business interuption, and something else but i can`t remember right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called a lot of places and they all wanted about $1200-$2000, and a downpayment of about $700. then right before i was going to write them a check and mail it in, a miracle happened and the first company that i called finally called back after a long wait (i guess they were really out searching for the cheapest rate), and got me a quote from safeco for $600 a year including the $100 brokers fee. :shocked and i only need to pay for the month before and coming then i think $50 a month. its for 2million general liability and 6000 garage keepers but the deductible was very heavy at $2500.. but i figure i probably wont ever need it ::knock on wood:: because if i screw something up and its less than a grand to fix, i`ll probably just pay for it out of my own pockets anyways. what i did was find a insurance company. any company like safeco and on their website, they will have a list of brokers around your area.. call every single one and ask for a quote because they also carry other insurers. call as many places as possible and be patient.. very very patient!

Show Car Shiner
    Post Thanks / Like
    $6000 is awfully low for a garage keeper`s policy. You can`t detail(I mean drive) a car that cost more than $6000? A 10 year old car is worth more than that. My garage keeper`s policy is $180,000 with a $500 deductible and well worth it. Get a better policy because that one is not good IMO.

Derrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick
    $6000 is awfully low for a garage keeper`s policy. You can`t detail(I mean drive) a car that cost more than $6000? A 10 year old car is worth more than that. My garage keeper`s policy is $180,000 with a $500 deductible and well worth it. Get a better policy because that one is not good IMO.

Derrick
    i though garagekeepers is just the amount they will pay to fix a car just incase you get in a small accident, not the amount of the car? i think my broker figure i wont be driving these cars off the lot or on the road and any accident i get in will just be a minor fender bender.

Show Car Shiner
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are right. It covers the driver. Quote "(I mean drive)".

If you are not driving the cars, check to make sure your general liability policy covers the accidents that happen while you are detailing the cars.

Derrick

Thread Information