Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    **First off I`m not a Pro, BUT I do flip cars on the side and have been wanting a vapor cleaner for that and around the house; dust mites, bathroom, kitchen, etc...**

I know when it comes to these I have heard you get what you pay for, I`ve tried searching and from what I have come up with this seems to be the best deal. VX5000 Vapor Cleaner

Now from Rydawg`s research it seems, and I believe it to be, the same model as the Vapor Master VM3000(they even use the same exact picture showing it in the cart!). I was hoping I could get some feedback from the guys that have used either as to whether or not I should lay out $595 and how these specific ones really work. The company seems to stand behind their product with a 2 yr warranty on parts and labor and lifetime on the boiler. It has a ton of attachments and If I am not completely satisifed they will pay for me to ship it back!

Has anyone used these models and others that could make a real use comparison?

Or give me a review on the VM3000??

I have an old 1983 Mercedes 300CD (a dirty girl!) that I bought to resell and I think the difference this could help make in cleaning it that much more, might just even pay for it self:woot: I`m right on the fence anyone want to push me either way??

Thanks!

Zack

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m also curious...

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just acquired one two weeks ago. We have substantial experience with steamers, but this model is new to us. So far, it works as promoted, and as expected.

Time is the test.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just ordered the VX5000, looks like I`ll be the guinea pig! In all my searching I really couldnt find any videos of "real" vapor cleaners in use:grrr but I started looking around at my windows, dogs bed, my bed, bathroom, etc and If it works like I hope It should be worth the money.

As a side note I found a video of a guy using 190* steam to strip a couple layers of paint off a window in no time!! This may have unlimited uses:2thumbs:

Zack

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a Vid of a vapor cleaner in use.

Some one should really make a `Guide to vapor cleaning` for the interior. More specifically a where to/where not to clean guide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zackb911- I haven`t used the models you referred to in your post, so I dunno if this will be of any help...but some ~random thoughts follow:

I`ve had a few steamers, and currently have one from DeLonghi with specs similar to (but slightly better than) the VX5000 and another much larger unit from Daimer. The DeLonghi operates like the VX5000, the Daimer is a continuous-fill unit.

The DeLonghi just wasn`t potent enough for me for tough detailing jobs; I only bought the Daimer because I felt I truly needed more power. The differences weren`t all *that* great on paper, but in use they were night and day. Make sure the VX5000 is enough unit for your needs, that 70psi rating makes me wonder as ~75psi wasn`t enough for me....

The linked website makes a big deal out of "continuous fill" being BS, but I find it *VERY* useful. I run both steamers dry quite often and the ability to refill the Daimer on-the-fly is handier than I`d expected. Never having had that ability before, I didn`t realize how great it would be. I do not experience any of the supposed shortcomings that the website claimed were common to continuous-fill machines and it seems like perhaps they criticize that feature (which I find so valuable) simply because they don`t offer it.

FWIW, here`s the link to the Daimer steamer: Up To 50% Reduced Pricing During Promotion - Steam Cleaner, Steam Cleaners, Commercial Steam Cleaner, Commercial Steam Cleaners

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking at these steam vapor units too.

What Daimer unit do you have?

Do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brucifer
    I have been looking at these steam vapor units too.

What Daimer unit do you have?

Do you like it?

I have this one: KleenJet Ultra 1500C . I *really* like it, much better than my slightly less-powerful one.

Post Thanks / Like
    `Any opinion of the Kleenjet Mega 500V?\r\n\r\nSteam Cleaner KleenJet Mega 500V\r\n\r\n\r\nI know it\`s not as powerful as the KleenJet Ultra 1500C...but it is 75psi, 310 degrees...withe a steam vacume feature. Just wondering if you or others have heard anything about this unit.\r\n\r\nThanks.\r\nBruce`

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Buffit
    We just acquired one two weeks ago. We have substantial experience with steamers, but this model is new to us. So far, it works as promoted, and as expected.

Time is the test.

Jim

Do you have an update on the durability of the unit Jimmy? I am interested in buying a couple if they stand up to the rigors of daily use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    Do you have an update on the durability of the unit Jimmy? I am interested in buying a couple if they stand up to the rigors of daily use.

Hey Scott, we`ve had no issues to date. We have it ON for at least 8 hours, six days a week.

Wish it was continuous fill. Takes at least 15 minutes to refill and reheat.

Overall, a quality piece, after only three months of heavy use.

Jim
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone else have comparison between these 2 units? Are they basically the same unit just different prices? Apparently Steam Cleaners Direct has raised the price to $695 now... How do you like yours and do you think a kart (for extra $200) is necessary? Thank you...

Post Thanks / Like
    We`ve had ours for seven months now, and we are still learning new applications. Try the 4" triangle brush with white towel on leather seats! Opens the pores, dissolves oils and transfers dirt to towel. Apply conditiioner while still warm. Sweet and quick!

We`re contemplating a second unit, since this is in constant demand.

Regarding the cart, yes it does keep everything together, and you will be switching attachments frequently. $200 is a bit steep - check out Sam`s Club, etc.

We like it.

Jim
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Buffit
    .. Try the 4" triangle brush with white towel on leather seats! Opens the pores, dissolves oils and transfers dirt to towel. Apply conditiioner while still warm...

Hey, that`s a good idea! Heh heh, seems obvious now...but I didn`t think of it on my own

If you get a second one, you gonna get one with continuous fill? I *really* like that feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the feature, but we had two TR6 that just didn`t standup to the all day usage.

The guy at Steam Cleaner - Steam Cleaners - Vapor Cleaner - Commercial Steam Cleaners says he can `steer us in the right direction`, but I just haven`t followed through. February is not our highest volume month

Jim
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information