Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Zackb911,

I do own the vx5000 and absolutly love the machine. I`m going on a year with the unit and have had not a problem. The machine will do amazing things. As for the cart, I purchased a rubbermaid two shelf roller cart for under 100 dollars, which works great. You can put the steamer underneth and keep your rags, attachments, and cleaners on top. I also do own the vaporlux 5000 which comes with it`s own cart but the price is quite a bit more. For the money and reliability, the vx5000 is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up this one about 3 weeks ago. It has been fantastic. I had tried a tr5 and it simply did not have the pressure and heat to do wheels, exhaust, wheel wells.

Kleen Car Auto Appearance

You can see it here in this image.

my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimmy Buffit- Heh heh, I got a bit of a :chuckle: out of the website you linked to..."you`ll never run out of water"...

I dunno..I gotta say that his site just doesn`t impress me, seems geared towards people who don`t know much about steamers. Kinda reminds me of the ad-copy for Orek vacuum cleaners

His unit has specs more-or-less identical to my DeLonghi, the steamer I used before getting my good one (LINK: Commercial Steam Cleaner | Factory Direct Prices ) . Seems that if *I* appreciate a better unit, then *you* would *really* derive benefits from a good one.

That unit Grouse has looks nice too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Hey, that`s a good idea! Heh heh, seems obvious now...but I didn`t think of it on my own

If you get a second one, you gonna get one with continuous fill? I *really* like that feature.

I feel the same way, I wish I thought of it.

Continous fill is nice. I have only run it dry once while working on a car, but I dont do more than 1 car in any given day. Time is money in a production shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use mine for some pretty extensive undercarriage jobs, and I run it dry quite often. I guess the hot-refill thing is gonna be more important to some people than to others, but yeah, it sure is handy when you do run it dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouse
    I picked up this one about 3 weeks ago. It has been fantastic. I had tried a tr5 and it simply did not have the pressure and heat to do wheels, exhaust, wheel wells.

Kleen Car Auto Appearance

You can see it here in this image.

Wanted to follow up on this machine. How do you still like it? How much did you pay for it. You can PM if you want.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    Wanted to follow up on this machine. How do you still like it? How much did you pay for it. You can PM if you want.

Cheers,

GREG

Greg,

You got a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ah the ferrari always an eye pleaser and a money maker.i have the same steamer an he is coming out with an even more powerful one in a few months going to be pricey but hey what isn`t pricey in this business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exelero
    ah the ferrari always an eye pleaser and a money maker.i have the same steamer an he is coming out with an even more powerful one in a few months going to be pricey but hey what isn`t pricey in this business.

From Kevin Farrell? More powerful in what way, I`ve tried the propane ones which are a bit crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes from kevin he has the same model look as vapor chief machine.but will be more like a steamer pressure washer wand and the temp. an pressure will go up higher check it out just a sample vid.

Car Detailing Training - auto detailing, car detailing, how to detail a car, car detailing school

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a professional but I own a TR5 that works pretty well for interiors. I was clueless on how to use it when I first got it. Some were wondering about videos and Attention to Details sells a how to video for interior cleaning. It`s about $40 but it has a lot of good info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Mr. Buffet:

Hey Scott, we`ve had no issues to date. We have it ON for at least 8 hours, six days a week.

Wish it was continuous fill. Takes at least 15 minutes to refill and reheat.

Overall, a quality piece, after only three months of heavy use.

Jim

That`s enough for me, and for the price & warranty - I don`t see a better value.

Now, somebody send me some cash so i can get one!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used mine now for a year. Every day under heavy use.

With similar results.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had a vx5000 for a few months and I love it. It took doing one trashed interior for me to go through with my purchase, and I couldn`t believe how much better and faster I can clean interiors with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteWRX
    Heres a Vid of a vapor cleaner in use.

Some one should really make a `Guide to vapor cleaning` for the interior. More specifically a where to/where not to clean guide.

Here is a video guide that you can order: Vapor Steamers - Detailing Success

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information